The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dundee at home on Christmas Eve, surely this will be moved ? 

One of the few times the away end will be used and they are expecting Dundee fans to travel down on Christmas Eve. Boxing Day or the 27th surely ? 

Probably comes down to a choice between players / money.  Would imagine the vast majority of players would prefer to play Saturday 24th and be able to have a couple of beers with the family on Xmas Day.  However as you say, probably a bigger away crowd if it was Boxing Day. 

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Probably comes down to a choice between players / money.  Would imagine the vast majority of players would prefer to play Saturday 24th and be able to have a couple of beers with the family on Xmas Day.  However as you say, probably a bigger away crowd if it was Boxing Day. 

Christmas Eve is an easier day to travel by public transport than Boxing Day. Outwith the SPT area the only trains on the 26th are services to and from England. Clearly though it would have been better if we playing a team like Partick instead. 

I don't think I've ever seen a decent Dundee support at Somerset (possibly the League Cup Semi in 1980, but I was very young). Don't believe the Jim Spence propaganda.

Edited by RedEd

13 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Christmas Eve is an easier day to travel by public transport than Boxing Day. Outwith the SPT area the only trains on the 26th are services to and from England. Clearly though it would have been better if we playing a team like Partick instead. 

I don't think I've ever seen a decent Dundee support at Somerset (possibly the League Cup Semi in 1980, but I was very young). Don't believe the Jim Spence propaganda.

Aye I think I was getting mixed up in my head - was thinking Xmas Eve public transport all stopped early and was normal on Boxing Day but that's obviously not the case. 

Players will definitely prefer the Xmas Eve scheduling anyway so can't see any way it would be changed.  

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

An alternative view is that this is the runners-up, two moneybags sides with very good managers, the relegated Premiership team (who, let's remember, usually scoosh this league) and Accies.

Sometimes the promoted teams start off very well then tail off once people know how to play against them

This might be old news as I haven’t been reading P and B for a while , so don’t shoot the messenger , but word is Kings Lynn striker Micheal Gyasi  is a Ayr United target . 

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

With the way the trains are running, I would hazard a guess Christmas eve will be as much as a shit show as it is trying to travel on boxing day. Surely the clubs could agree on say a 1 or 2pm KO

7 minutes ago, North British said:

This might be old news as I haven’t been reading P and B for a while , so don’t shoot the messenger , but word is Kings Lynn striker Micheal Gyasi  is a Ayr United target . 

Think he is staying in England. Hearing that someone from Bristol city might be training with us

29 minutes ago, North British said:

Set to sign with chesterfield today according to article I seen yesterday. 

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Noticed that our home games seem to all clash with killie home games at least until the new year. Just a heads up for our fans that travel on public transport from Glasgow way that you might have to endure DKB's on your journey 

It's different trains, only a deviant takes the Kilmarnock train down willingly. 

True gents see the sights of Barassie and Glengarnock. 

Edited by itzdrk

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Now that the BBC dont have the Ayrshire derby to w**k over, which 2 Somerset games do you think theyll opt to show? None immediately jump out at me 

They only showed 2/4 of the Ayrshire derbies tbf.

24 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Right who was at the golf day? what's the gossip?

Andy Murdoch’s a shark , glad he was allocated to the winning team , a pleasure to play a round of golf with him and his caddy McAdams