The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Arbroath (H), Queens Park (A), Hamilton (H), Cove (A), Dundee (H) are the first 5 fixtures.  good chance to get early points on the board with 2 promoted teams, hopefully a weakened Arbroath and a Hamilton team in turmoil.

Obviously be missing Jack Hamilton who will be replaced with god knows who but it’s basically exactly the same team as last year  

We struggled against Ayr last year though, if you hate Killie as much as you say you do yous should have gone easier on us 

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Arbroath (H), Queens Park (A), Hamilton (H), Cove (A), Dundee (H) are the first 5 fixtures.  good chance to get early points on the board with 2 promoted teams, hopefully a weakened Arbroath and a Hamilton team in turmoil.

An alternative view is that this is the runners-up, two moneybags sides with very good managers, the relegated Premiership team (who, let's remember, usually scoosh this league) and Accies.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

An alternative view is that this is the runners-up, two moneybags sides with very good managers, the relegated Premiership team (who, let's remember, usually scoosh this league) and Accies.

Jim McIntyre is now the Cove manager. His stock is a bit lower than Hartley's. 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Obviously be missing Jack Hamilton who will be replaced with god knows who but it’s basically exactly the same team as last year  

We struggled against Ayr last year though, if you hate Killie as much as you say you do yous should have gone easier on us 

But then, while we would have been laughing at Killie’s failed championship attempt, they would have laughed louder at us dropping down to the seaside league 😩😩😩

I'm pretty happy with that start, early doors up to Aberdeen. Hopefully we'll get decent weather for it as I can't imagine it will be pleasant for the winter trip up there. Will be interesting to see what McIntyre does at Cove, obviously fancies himself given the number of times he's applied for our gig. Dundee fans obviously have their own views on his abilities. 

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s who we should have gone for instead of hopkin 

No. We should have went for someone better than either of them, whoever that may have been.

Edited by RedEd

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
31 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:
Jason Naismith signs for QP, wouldn't be surprised if Tomi went there given the amount of money they seem to be chucking at players

On paper a good signing but really struggled for killie last year.

I thought that as well, essentially a back up to Hodson. A wee bit surprised QP have managed to get him in though. 

I'll keep my eye out for Tomi lurking about the Southside of Glasgow or QP's offices to see if the rumours are true 👀

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s who we should have gone for instead of hopkin 

Roberts was better than Hopkin. Literally anyone would have been better than Hopkin.

Edited by Trogdor