The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

I thought it would be interesting to compare our European record with Ayr United’s. Nothing came up on the search.

Out of interest do you have any trophies at Rugby Park or is it just old photos of them?

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

I thought it would be interesting to compare our European record with Ayr United’s. Nothing came up on the search.

This came up on my search when I checked your European adventures.

killie vs nomads.jpeg

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, General dissaray said:
I can be both its allowed becouse you don't get to make the rules

Why don't you take you big clubs example then and get to f**k but unlike them don't come back you zombie

I'll be back don't you worry about that look forward to it as well

4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

If you want me to be if you want to continue to pretend Rangers and Celtic fans don't watch Ayr games kid yourselves on about that as well cos I know different 

And I thought my grammar was the worst on this page.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I'm sorry, I'm not getting any of this 😐

I'm from Ayr, I now live in Troon. I would NEVER Support a Glaswegian team because I have a team on my doorstep.

Will I watch the old firm or premier League teams on the TV or check their results? Yes, absolutely. It's nice to see where other teams are and how they perform, have a look at possible players for future Ayr teams.

Do I support them? F*ck No! I'm an Honest Man. 

So where is the relevance to scouting the west of Scotland leagues to improve Ayr and the old old firm players suggested? 🤔

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It was rumoured we were trying to arrange a friendly with Wednesday but no idea if that’s been confirmed.

I see Morton have arranged a friendly away to Carlisle but it’s BCD. I’d be fuming if that had been us.

Wednesday away would be superb, would assume we'd have heard at the end of last season though to give people a chance of getting down there.

Also (and probably shouldn't be) surprised nothing has came from the Burnley and co link friendly wise. The youth teams seem to have had the opportunity to go down but, it would have been good for a wee pre season tournament or something between all the sides. Even if Burnley were a heavily U23/fringe augmented side.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm sorry, I'm not getting any of this 😐

I'm from Ayr, I now live in Troon. I would NEVER Support a Glaswegian team because I have a team on my doorstep.

Will I watch the old firm or premier League teams on the TV or check their results? Yes, absolutely. It's nice to see where other teams are and how they perform, have a look at possible players for future Ayr teams.

Do I support them? F*ck No! I'm an Honest Man. 

So where is the relevance to scouting the west of Scotland leagues to improve Ayr and the old old firm players suggested? 🤔

I've never understood supporting a team from a place you have no connection to. What satisfaction comes from that? Glaswegians are as foreign as the Martians to me.

I can't be arsed with rangers or Celtic I mean at both there grounds there's more Irish northern Irish and union jacks than there is Scottish flags that tells you all about them don't believe there's room to support more than 1 team in same country so as for the half and half scarf there's no room in football for that shit

36 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've never understood supporting a team from a place you have no connection to. What satisfaction comes from that? Glaswegians are as foreign as the Martians to me.

Glory hunting plain and simple.

I have watched Ayr for over 30 years, never supported another Scottish team.

My parents knew Steve Nicol's family and I was taught French by his sister so I had a soft spot for Liverpool for a few years which wasn't hard because they were the biggest team in the world at the time and also had Dalgleish but I couldn't care less if they won or not nowadays. 

I have worked abroad for extended periods and always went to watch a local team and got invested in a couple over the years but again, their results don't have the same impact on me as Ayr does. I go and watch other teams but I support Ayr. 

This patronising Old firm habit of picking a cuddly toy to support always makes me queasy. 

1 hour ago, AllySloan said:

Will anyone else be ordering the new home top today?

Waiting to see the other offering first then will decide which to go for, unless I've miss the away top being announced somehow?