The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mo Salah scored 31 goals in all competitions last season at a similar standard to the Scottish Championship.

We could probably trick him into thinking we're paying him a bigger salary than he's on at Liverpool if we convert a few quid into Zimbabwean dollars.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

7504946f5a07bc9f918149406779a127.jpg
Sit doon fanny baws.

But he was signed from St Mirren U20 as well four goals in one games pretty good against anybody

Gonna go out on a limb and say QPR has better more well paid scouts than Ayr

And they see something in him,so he will obviously be on teams radar up here to go full time

Trials don't really mean anything especially for U23 teams. Important to remember David Sinclair once got a trial at Birmingham City while at Ayr and less than a year after was working in an Icelandic fish factory.

Anyway no idea how accurate it is but transfermarkt has Doherty and Adeloye having the same agent so he'd probably want £500 for each of his 4 league goals last season. Would be funny if he did sign though (but he won't).

But he was signed from St Mirren U20 as well four goals in one games pretty good against anybody
Gonna go out on a limb and say QPR has better more well paid scouts than Ayr
And they see something in him,so he will obviously be on teams radar up here to go full time

English clubs will take hundreds of young players on loan in the hope that they strike lucky with one or two. It’s not indicative of anything.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

English clubs will take hundreds of young players on loan in the hope that they strike lucky with one or two. It’s not indicative of anything.

Trial think was the word you were looking for,yeah like Ayr scrounge players off that agency every year aye is that great scouting picking a few out the annual trial games?

Getting two trials at the same club is slightly different that shows genuine interest even if its for there U23 team

Edited by General dissaray

33 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Albion Rovers aren't full time don't need to prove it that is common knowledge 

Go type Kyle Doherty QPR to Google the story is there going back doon for another trial would happened sooner but he injured his foot

Mark Shankland had trials at Liverpool. He was shite. It means absolutely nothing.

Just now, Hazbart said:

Mark Shankland had trials at Liverpool. He was shite. It means absolutely nothing.

I remember that it was Dalglish that got him it,was meant to be next big thing but for some reason it never happened for him

Sibbald got two against Man United on trial and they still never signed him

😀

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I long for days like these...

tumbleweed GIF

Nothing worse than the let down of coming on here and seeing lots of replies and expecting a new signing only to be greeted by this utter pish. 🤬

Most people use the Google to find transfers though don't they?Genuinely don't think there looking for them in a prodomently banter minded fitbaw web sight

22 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

McKenzie got 2 goals in 24 games hardly prolithic in the championship,shame cos he was meant to be good coming through 

Did you see any Ayr games last year? With the eye-bleedingly bad Hoopyball and Duffball getting any goals were an achievement!

Saying that he spent most of his time out wide, infront of Houston, I dont think he has kicked on as much as his early promised maybe indicated he would

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

Did you see any Ayr games last year? With the eye-bleedingly bad Hoopyball and Duffball getting any goals were an achievement!

Saying that he spent most of his time out wide, infront of Houston, I dont think he has kicked on as much as his early promised maybe indicated he would

Unfortunately not but take your word for it

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I long for days like these...

tumbleweed GIF

Nothing worse than the let down of coming on here and seeing lots of replies and expecting a new signing only to be greeted by this utter pish. 🤬

My sentiments exactly.

2 hours ago, btb said:

I often see Bully if I'm walking the dog late morning - any messages you want me to pass on?

Rub his belly and tell him he's a good boy.

Hang on, you probably mean Bully, don't you?

Ah well, just do it anyway. It'll make his day.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

How do you know if these players are any good then?

Friend off mines watches the Albion Rovers home games watched his nephew playing professionally coming up for decades drove him everywhere for games

So will go with his knowledge that Doherty is a good player and Brian Reid opinion as well