The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Akinyemi looks interesting as well. If Bullen intends to play 4-3-3 then he might be looking for guys who can play in more than one position up front. Michael Gyasi, who we’ve been linked with is a striker/winger as well. Ashford seems to be in the same boat. Ideally we’d still have a point man who is an out and out striker Bullen seems to want to have a pretty fluid and adaptable squad.

Gyasi comes up as awful on them, great at running with the ball but offers nothing else. Its daft to base things on charts alone but given a choice of which player to scout further it would be Akinyemi for me.

Watch Akinyemi bomb while Gyasi ends up the EPL or something now 😂

1 hour ago, Iain said:

In what way is that not a new partnership?

It’s quite clear what I meant given the comment I responded to. Carry on being pedantic though

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only club in our league that has signed more players than us is Partick. Pre season training only started properly on Monday and Bullen and Mathie both seemed quite content with what’s been done so far when they spoke last week. By the Elgin game I’m hoping we’ve brought in at least another 4 players. That would be two centre backs, a midfielder and a wide player. I think we’ve got enough elsewhere to see us manage the league cup games. I’d then be pretty happy for us to use those games to get a good look at where we’re lacking quality and also look at the loan market. It also means that we can give a better chance to some of the younger players.

To need 4 signings in just under 4 weeks is an okay position to be in imo. I think it’s very achievable.

Hastie reckon Ayr could get him surely in Linfield can Ayr can?Looked good for Motherwell granted isn't Rangers class but maybe needs a step down to eventually kick on?

Hastie reckon Ayr could get him surely in Linfield can Ayr can?Looked good for Motherwell granted isn't Rangers class but maybe needs a step down to eventually kick on?

Jake Hastie? Was fucking gash for Partick and only got signed for Rangers off the back of a good few months at Motherwell.

So no. He’s shite thanks very much.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Jake Hastie? Was fucking gash for Partick and only got signed for Rangers off the back of a good few months at Motherwell.

So no. He’s shite thanks very much.

Like Shankland was shite for barely getting in Aberdeen team but comes plays for Ayr becomes a God and rejuvenates his career,was he not injured at Partick Thistle?

Like Shankland was shite for barely getting in Aberdeen team but comes plays for Ayr becomes a God and rejuvenates his career,was he not injured at Partick Thistle?

Entirely different circumstances with Shankland but okay. And no, he just wasn’t good enough.