The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

West of Scotland players go and play in the state leagues. None are turning up in the A-League.

Difficult country to get into,you need a certain amount off money then you need someone over there in the game to vouch for you

Great place though great lifestyle once you over plenty off opertunity even on the coaching side if you don't leave it to late

Bit concerned about no signings , but more concerned that the ones we sign are gonna miss pre season training and down the pecking order of fitness for the start. Most seem to be coming from down south and English contracts usually run to the end of June, if that’s when we get them they will be way behind in fitness and exscuseswill be in early doors.

I saw there was a couple of photo's doing the rounds from the 1st day of pre-season.

Has anyone been down for a look to see if there are any new faces?

I would assume anyone from down south will be in contract until the end of June which may be what is slowing things down in terms of signing, but dont think it stops them taking part in pre-season if they have agreed in principle to sign?

Bit concerned about no signings , but more concerned that the ones we sign are gonna miss pre season training and down the pecking order of fitness for the start. Most seem to be coming from down south and English contracts usually run to the end of June, if that’s when we get them they will be way behind in fitness and exscuseswill be in early doors.

Majority of footballers these days are more than capable of keeping themselves fit on their own. I’d have no concerns about players joining halfway through pre season. Of course it’s important to get them in early but it’s more from the point of view of getting them integrated into the squad but even then that’s something that happens fairly quickly.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Majority of footballers these days are more than capable of keeping themselves fit on their own. I’d have no concerns about players joining halfway through pre season. Of course it’s important to get them in early but it’s more from the point of view of getting them integrated into the squad but even then that’s something that happens fairly quickly.

Its having two goal scorers in early tried a tested in the division is traditionally what Ayr failed to do over the years and got punished for,shame Adeloye has left he obviously was decent goal scorer at this level

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nearly every player that came back this season were in as good levels of fitness as they were before they left , Bullen gave them regimes to complete during close season and looks like they stuck to it , Dipo is the fittest guy I think the club has had  

Nearly every player that came back this season were in as good levels of fitness as they were before they left , Bullen gave them regimes to complete during close season and looks like they stuck to it , Dipo is the fittest guy I think the club has had  

Aye it’s not like when guys came back after summer about a stone overweight. They generally stay professional and look after themselves.

I’m sure wee “Sibbs” will be in peak condition when he signs.

27 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Anyone close to signing just now?

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We played Connah’s Quay Nomads the season they won the Welsh League and we got relegated to League One. They were the worst team I’ve ever seen us play against. Absolutely rancid.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the standard of the A-League is better than the fucking Welsh Premier League. 

Maybe the interlopers can remember the name of the team who got put out of Europe over two legs against Connah's Quay Nomads?

Spoiler

This guy remembers...0_JS188351875.jpg.2e5e342b1e94b9b7b699c62c1e5593d2.jpgGTF DKBs

2 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Difficult country to get into,you need a certain amount off money then you need someone over there in the game to vouch for you

Great place though great lifestyle once you over plenty off opertunity even on the coaching side if you don't leave it to late

What the f**k are you? Do you ever leave the house? If so, f**k me you’re brave. Spellcheck. Fucking spellcheck. Apps, google it, buy a dictionary or ask your mum/carer to check it.  If you are a troll and you mean the stuff you say then you are an absolute genius. If you don’t mean the stuff you say then wow. Just wow. That’s w-o-w if I was going to quick for you. I’m giving you every opertunity to proof me rong.

5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

What the f**k are you? Do you ever leave the house? If so, f**k me you’re brave. Spellcheck. Fucking spellcheck. Apps, google it, buy a dictionary or ask your mum/carer to check it.  If you are a troll and you mean the stuff you say then you are an absolute genius. If you don’t mean the stuff you say then wow. Just wow. That’s w-o-w if I was going to quick for you. I’m giving you every opertunity to proof me rong.

You do remember tartan Tammy don’t you? That’s this guy he is just a deluded recluse who is still a vl

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

You do remember tartan Tammy don’t you? That’s this guy he is just a deluded recluse who is still a vl

I’m really hoping he’s a troll though. It’s comedy genius if he is. If he’s not I’m actually concerned for him and he needs his hard drive checked.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the standard of the A-League is better than the fucking Welsh Premier League. 

Fairly sure a bunch of students finished mid-table in the Welsh top flight last season.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure a bunch of students finished mid-table in the Welsh top flight last season.

While we’ve got you here how does it two new signings look in your graph? Don’t know if it covers the national league south or Slovakian league.