The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, mugen_power said:

My favourite thing is definitely all the people berating Dryhorce for his spelling and grammar. Mostly because there's several regular posters in this thread who consistently type "would OF" when they mean "would HAVE" :lol:

Ah wood of knowed that.

6 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

That’s us linked with Stephen Kelly, was that another one that played on loan with you?

Yeah.  I said on the Killie thread i'm not sure how McInroy will take to Premiership football.  Clearly done well top end League 1 and decent enough for us lower end Championship.  Good pass and set pieces, won't run a game and lacks a bit of pace that he may need at the top flight.  All depends what system McInness plays.  Would struggle to see him and Kelly in the same team, experience alone would be an issue.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is Dryhorse the guy who tried to set up a Welsh/Scottish club to play in the lowland league a couple of years ago? 
Had a kit on sale and everything 

Nah, not the same guy. I know who you’re meaning though. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah.  I said on the Killie thread i'm not sure how McInroy will take to Premiership football.  Clearly done well top end League 1 and decent enough for us lower end Championship.  Good pass and set pieces, won't run a game and lacks a bit of pace that he may need at the top flight.  All depends what system McInness plays.  Would struggle to see him and Kelly in the same team, experience alone would be an issue.

I don't like the Idea of Kelly in Killie Colours. Obviously he's out of Ayrs grasp now but I like to think he was with Ayr long enough to not go to Killie. Personally I think he's too good for them now.

Mcinroy I'm not too fussed about, he came from Airdrie and went to Killie, being a dreg must be his thing. Lower championship to the premier League is a jump and a half though, not the opportunity he might have thought.

Lafferty is past it, though I did laugh at the talk of Adeloye.

The whole thing screams that we'll be seeing Kilmarnock in a relegation battle imo.

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I don't like the Idea of Kelly in Killie Colours. Obviously he's out of Ayrs grasp now but I like to think he was with Ayr long enough to not go to Killie. Personally I think he's too good for them now.

Mcinroy I'm not too fussed about, he came from Airdrie and went to Killie, being a dreg must be his thing. Lower championship to the premier League is a jump and a half though, not the opportunity he might have thought.

Lafferty is past it, though I did laugh at the talk of Adeloye.

The whole thing screams that we'll be seeing Kilmarnock in a relegation battle imo.

Not to fussed about McInroy, Lafferty past it….. Mmm someone’s rattled.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is Dryhorse the guy who tried to set up a Welsh/Scottish club to play in the lowland league a couple of years ago? 
Had a kit on sale and everything 

Nah that's a different guy, did he not support Merthyr or something like that?

11 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Aye,...the lad Sinclair that Dryhorce is talking about was scoring loads for Bo'ness Athletic (i.e. not United) in the lower conferences of the EoSL.

I'm glad that Cowdenbeath have given him a wee chance but the idea that he is up to Championship level, at the moment, is clearly complete and utter tosh.

Yet the current striker at Ayr played lowland last time with East Kilbride 

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Why is it every close season around this time of year this page gets invaded by some mutant talking absolute pish.

Some people get bored i take it

IMG_20220614_115031.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:
Tomi Adeloye

You mean the guy who is not currently employed by any football club.

Fair enough got 14 goals didn't he and his last club was East Kilbride 

People thinking championship is a mad jump is crazy,good players in every league 

Also Ayr signing players from Woking and English non league isn't exactly top drawer standard either

6 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Fair enough got 14 goals didn't he and his last club was East Kilbride 

People thinking championship is a mad jump is crazy,good players in every league 

Also Ayr signing players from Woking and English non league isn't exactly top drawer standard either

His last club was Ayr United. His club previous to this was Barnet. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

His last club was Ayr United. His club previous to this was Barnet. 

Fair enough still played in the lowland league though and in lower league English conference football 

Sometimes it isn't very good and sometimes the plzyers who played in that league struggle to get a game in west off Scottish 

But its okay knock Scottish football all you like even when there is still players going senior out the west of Scottish