The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was anything mentioned about preseason game(s) at Somerset? Know we have a few away/behind closer doors but the Ayrshire Post mentioned possibly one with Sheff Wed. Anyone in the know? 

Pre season was seen as a necessary evil to get through without injuries if I remember correctly.

I'd say that the new league cup format has more or less put paid to the old school "glamour" pre -season games of yesteryear....

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was anything mentioned about preseason game(s) at Somerset? Know we have a few away/behind closer doors but the Ayrshire Post mentioned possibly one with Sheff Wed. Anyone in the know? 

I’m sure it’s away games due to work being done on the pitch, may be wrong. 

6 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Also looking at concerts etc on pitch similar to Falkirk and Inverness , liked the part where fans can contribute by  buying a brick and getting your name on it 

Surely not?  Falkirk and Inverness are in the middle of nowhere.  There's houses very close to Somerset. 

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

All our pre season games which have been announced so far are behind closed doors apart from one against University of Washington which is at Cumnock Juniors park on 30th June. 

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Me too.

My personal favourites were,

"Can we get a big screen to show us replays ?" and

"Are we going to get a big scoreboard ?" 

Aw shit, I was joking on here last night :lol:

Folk don't actually want this shit surely 

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

All our pre season games which have been announced so far are behind closed doors apart from one against University of Washington which is at Cumnock Juniors park on 30th June. 

A game against Wednesday (or atleast their 23’s) will happen I think 

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aw shit, I was joking on here last night :lol:

Folk don't actually want this shit surely 

Yes, these were indeed questions last night 🤣

3 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

You’ve got to laugh at Maxwell and Tomi both thinking they are above the championship. I must have seriously missed something. Both struggled at times to get into a bottom of the table championship side. Both subbed regularly aswell. If you put a gun to my head I would keep them both but without breaking the bank but this is hilarious.

Due to Maxwell's age and background through the scottish youth set up he may still get a contract at a half decent club. Think someone down south was linked with him in recent times. If money is a factor in Tomis decision then he may well find some non fashionable clubs near London who can give him a pay rise. Either way its a short career so the players need to look after themselves

Don't know if anyone else mentioned this but I just remembered something from last night, being that we have appointed a Club Psychologist to work with the players and to create a positive mental attitude.

Although I'm always pretty cynical about stuff like this, I'm beginning to wonder if some folk nowadays actually NEED this sort of thing, so I'm willing to accept it as a definite positive that can only help.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It's all part of the sports science wonder if Moff will have big part to play in that.

The one thing I would say is that we seem to have a pretty decent bunch of boys in the dressing room and from all reports they seem to get on well with one another. If I was being critical it would be that we're missing a father figure type and the likes of Cuthbert would help immensely should he sign.

In fairness, I think Bullen touched on this last night and did acknowledge that we had a very young side and were missing a couple of experienced older heads, hopefully at least one will be brought in.

Did someone at least laugh at the daft c***s? 

It was too awkward to laugh tbh. Smith tried his best to deflect it but after the first two or three questions you could tell it was time to call it a night.

My favourite question was the auld boy who asked if they’d have one of the big screens up for VAR to show was the decision was.

I'd love to sign Kelly but I expect he is significantly outwith our price range.

Did he not do well at Salford as well? Given they were signing Rooney and paying more than Aberdeen could a number of years ago I expect he'll be on a wedge if they sign him.