The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Robbie Crawford and Craig Sibbald could both be plausible as Sibbald can definitely play in a more attacking winger role compared to Crawford, Bully did say last night he's looking at wingers and CM'S so definitely could happen. 

Think we'll be up against stiff opposition for both though, might need to lean on Nicky Devlin to help persuade Sibbald...

I’ve possibly missed it above but was anything said re trying to get Maxwell back for this season last night? 

Aye Bullen was asked about it. He said that he feels Maxwell thinks he’s too good for the Championship and would like to wait and see if he gets an offer from a better league. Bullen said he’d be surprised if he gets that offer and Maxwell runs the risk of Ayr having no budget left for him at the end of the window.

Whilst Bullen rates him and Adeloye, you can tell he doesn’t think they’re above Ayrs level YET. He says both can become Premiership players but they aren’t at that level yet.

Aye Bullen was asked about it. He said that he feels Maxwell thinks he’s too good for the Championship and would like to wait and see if he gets an offer from a better league. Bullen said he’d be surprised if he gets that offer and Maxwell runs the risk of Ayr having no budget left for him at the end of the window.

Whilst Bullen rates him and Adeloye, you can tell he doesn’t think they’re above Ayrs level YET. He says both can become Premiership players but they aren’t at that level yet.
Think that kindo confirms the story's Bullen and Tomi didn't see eye to from January to April.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nice one, cheers Djaffo

10 minutes ago, ecocme said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on McAdams? With a few of the players signing longer contracts in the summer I wondered if he’d also be offered a longer deal. Perhaps he was and decided against it? Perhaps Bullen doesn’t fully rate him? Hoping he has a good season but overall he wasn’t quite as good as I thought he might of been when we signed him. Obviously still very young in terms of goalkeepers too. 

The jury is still out for me, I think he's competent (same goes for Albinson) but he worries me with cross balls and doesn't instill confidence in the back line.

The question is, could we realistically do much better ? On that, Im not so sure that we could, I'd take Ross back in a minute obviously but as things stand I'd say our 2 keepers aren't the worst guys to have at the club.

We’re going to need a lot to avoid another relegation play off honestly. Off the park great but that team gives me the fear it really does. Ashford O’Connor Dempsey smith Mcginty plus the new boys really have to take a big leap this year to move forward.
Yeah, I agree. The CB situation particularly gives me the fear

You’ve got to laugh at Maxwell and Tomi both thinking they are above the championship. I must have seriously missed something. Both struggled at times to get into a bottom of the table championship side. Both subbed regularly aswell. If you put a gun to my head I would keep them both but without breaking the bank but this is hilarious.

If we sort out the right side of the defence we will be fine, as much as I would love promotion it's not on the cards just now and it's to quick. In an ideal world we are opening the new North Terrace on the first weekend back in the top flight of scottish football for the first time since 1978.

You’ve got to laugh at Maxwell and Tomi both thinking they are above the championship. I must have seriously missed something. Both struggled at times to get into a bottom of the table championship side. Both subbed regularly aswell. If you put a gun to my head I would keep them both but without breaking the bank but this is hilarious.
I know it's weird. Personally I want Adeloye to re-sign but under Bullen he didn't start a lot of games and if he did, he was usually subbed off

Was at the event which was very well attended, really exciting plans and a good bit of humour throughout only problem I had was there should have been a mobile Mike as I couldn’t hear the questions, and I struggle with my hearing anyway or the question should have been repeated through the speaker. I think we have a really good management team that have the club at heart which bodes well for the future.

9 players out and 6 in is really risky so he’ll need a fair bit of luck with injuries etc, not bothered about any that have left as they were all decent but no more. No surprise Adeloye looking for way over what he’s worth which Bullen said he won’t get. Maxwell looking to play at a higher level again I think he will struggle to get based on last season, and Mcinroy offered the top wage at the club again I think he will struggle to get ,lacks pace which will go against him.

All in all quite excited for the season ahead and to see what comes in but I really hope the boy Scott Cuthbert is one of them if rumours are right.

I really like Tomi, want him to style and it would make sense for him to have some continuity I feel. He's a handful at this level and for me Bullen's more no-nonsense approach could help him get to a better level by helping him cut the more petulant, throwing his toys out the pram when he doesn't get a decision attitude out his game.

45 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we sort out the right side of the defence we will be fine, as much as I would love promotion it's not on the cards just now and it's to quick. In an ideal world we are opening the new North Terrace on the first weekend back in the top flight of scottish football for the first time since 1978.

While promotion may be beyond us I see no reason why we shouldn’t be targetting a playoff spot. Even more so than last season I’d say there doesn’t look like there will be a team who will runaway with the league. 

Assuming they've offered Tomi a 2 or 3 year deal, the compromise position might be less money than he's looking for but only a single season commitment so he can go and get paid next summer if the offers are there.

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on McAdams? With a few of the players signing longer contracts in the summer I wondered if he’d also be offered a longer deal. Perhaps he was and decided against it? Perhaps Bullen doesn’t fully rate him? Hoping he has a good season but overall he wasn’t quite as good as I thought he might of been when we signed him. Obviously still very young in terms of goalkeepers too. 

Mediocre imo. Came with a lot of hype but was woeful at times. Seemed to struggle with tame-ish shots from just out/inside the box. In the last month or so he was easily beaten by strikes by QOS, ICT, Dunfermline, killie. Hoping for a better season for him (and us) in 22/23

A more attacking minded midfielder, another winger, two center backs and a different kind of striker than the ones we currently have and I'd be pretty happy with the squad.

McAdams GK
Albiston GK
Houston RB
McGinty LCB
Redding LB
Hewitt RB/CM
McAllister RB/CM
Ecrepont LB
Bangala CM/CB/RB
Smith CM
Murdoch CM
Dempsey CM
O'Connor LW/RW
McKenzie ST/RM
Ashford ST/LM
Akinyemi ST
Bryden ST

A more attacking minded midfielder, another winger, two center backs and a different kind of striker than the ones we currently have and I'd be pretty happy with the squad.

McAdams GK
Albiston GK
Houston RB
McGinty LCB
Redding LB
Hewitt RB/CM
McAllister RB/CM
Ecrepont LB
Bangala CM/CB/RB
Smith CM
Murdoch CM
Dempsey CM
O'Connor LW/RW
McKenzie ST/RM
Ashford ST/LM
Akinyemi ST
Bryden ST

What happened to all the great wingers? We always used to have guys like Forrest, McCowan etc but now.... none