The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What’s driving the need for the club to meet with the young team? Are they still pissed off about whatever it was that happened yonks ago?

Nah, Mathie said it’s a case of what can the club do to help them create a better atmosphere I.e permanent place on the terracing for a drum. He stressed that they aren’t going to be given into trouble but they want to create a line that won’t be crossed but also allows them to have a good time on match days.

He said a potential first step is the club replacing the Ragazzi flag that was destroyed by Rangers fans a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah, Mathie said it’s a case of what can the club do to help them create a better atmosphere I.e permanent place on the terracing for a drum. He stressed that they aren’t going to be given into trouble but they want to create a line that won’t be crossed but also allows them to have a good time on match days.

He said a potential first step is the club replacing the Ragazzi flag that was destroyed by Rangers fans a few years ago.

I think Mathie could do a lot worse than speaking to Bryden to get them in and maybe have someone like Bryden present.  

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Really enjoyed last night. I'm in danger of becoming a happy clapper after that.

New stand on North Terrace has been very sensitively done. The existing terrace will remain and whilst there is a roof (something I wasn't sold on) it looks really smart. Kudos to the Chairman, it will be a major upgrade on the carbuncle there just now.

Some of our fans want jam on it though, I was cringing at some of the questions to Smith.

It was also my first time in the hub which was also very smart.

Me too.

My personal favourites were,

"Can we get a big screen to show us replays ?" and

"Are we going to get a big scoreboard ?" 

He hinted at issues surrounding the Handling of complaints addressed to Ayr United, the Police investigate, send a report to the SPFL and they contact the club for an action plan and follow up so every instance requires an outcome to the SPFL. He said they would probably be quite happy if the reply back every time saying they had been banned and I am guessing that would be the easiest thing to do.

If a banning order comes from the court, the club has no option but if there is action from the club they want to look at it and speak to the individual(s) first before deciding any action. 

I get that people get Chairman fantasy syndrome where they imagine what they would do if they won the lottery and bought Ayr but some of the stuff, from grown adults, some octogenarian was bizarre last night.

Here is the new stand, any questions?

Will the pitch be getting replaced?

Will you be doing up the away turnstiles?

Will there be a big scoreboard?

Will there be a big screen installed to look at VAR decisions?

Will the North terrace be redone with bigger steps?

Is the stand going to be wind proof?

You could see Smith sitting there thinking…….the f**k is the point in doing all this? 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I get that people get Chairman fantasy syndrome where they imagine what they would do if they won the lottery and bought Ayr but some of the stuff, from grown adults, some octogenarian was bizarre last night.

You could see Smith sitting there thinking…….the f**k is the point in doing all this? 

Yes, for any Golfers out there and probably Bowlers also, it descended into the stereotypical AGM where you get a handful of completely idiotic questions which make you cringe and wonder what planet some people are on.

As others have said, it's now abundantly clear that we have a very professional and dedicated team in charge from the top down and I'd say the future for Ayr United is as good as it's been in my 40 odd years of supporting the club.

Yes, as said last night we'll undoubtedly have ups and downs along the way but they're really reaching out to try and make us all feel part of the club and much more involved and that's something that I've never felt before as an Ayr supporter and especially one who lives 25 miles from Ayr.

All good for me and we just need another couple of signings now to put the cherry on our new NT cake !!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

2250F12E-E980-4FD6-9B4C-E72BAA7C56F6.jpeg

The rumours I heard (and I stress that these are only rumours) are that Cuthbert is definitely being looked at in a player / coach capacity and that Robbie is also very close to returning.

No idea if either are accurate as only overheard a few different people mentioning this.

Personally I'd take Robbie back in a minute as I always felt he allowed us to retain more possession of the football and made certain others in the team look good due to his playing style, however there's no doubt at all that he'd split the support as some of my own travelling companions can't stand him and have always had it in for him, similar to about 40% of our support.

Only thing is that we probably need more goals from our Midfield and I'm not sure that we actually have a goalscoring Midfielder on our books just now and Robbie probably isn't that guy either.

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Agree 100%, I think folk just got a wee bit carried away tbh.

I'm chuffed to bits with the plans. Anything that is done to Somerset needs to preserve the history that's what makes it so special. This new stand does that without detracting from what the north terrace is.

I'll still be able to stand in the sunshine at the half way line without being dive bombed by seagulls.

I'm more gutted that I have to go in the main stand or the SRE for a year whilst work is ongoing on the NT. Will be worth it though.

Think this may be our starting XI for most of pre-season then204d9a014e4c9ca92d55bfb10581e0ec.jpg

We’re going to need a lot to avoid another relegation play off honestly. Off the park great but that team gives me the fear it really does. Ashford O’Connor Dempsey smith Mcginty plus the new boys really have to take a big leap this year to move forward.

1 minute ago, Death in Vegas said:

We’re going to need a lot to avoid another relegation play off honestly. Off the park great but that team gives me the fear it really does. Ashford O’Connor Dempsey smith Mcginty plus the new boys really have to take a big leap this year to move forward.

I thought Dempsey was outstanding when he came in, Ashford looked solid on the right and McGinty was one of our best players for the last 2 months of the season.

Great to see some positivity about Somerset. Don’t think with what we have we’ll be anywhere near relegation play offs I would have thought comfortable mid table. A couple of quality signings eg Sibbald and Cuthbert could even see us in with a chance of plays offs at the right end of the table🤞

What’s everyone’s thoughts on McAdams? With a few of the players signing longer contracts in the summer I wondered if he’d also be offered a longer deal. Perhaps he was and decided against it? Perhaps Bullen doesn’t fully rate him? Hoping he has a good season but overall he wasn’t quite as good as I thought he might of been when we signed him. Obviously still very young in terms of goalkeepers too.