The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

No. Decent facilities like toilets and catering options? A bit of polish for someone who isn’t a corporate w**k or there for their birthday treat. I think it’s a fair question.

There will be new food kiosks and toilets at either end of the new stand, there will also be a new media room and film suite  

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'll hide all this for folk that would rather wait for the club to talk about it. Don't think I'm posting anything confidential but if I am, I'm sure @Finlay21will let me know.

Hide contents

That was a great night. All very informative and great to have three guys at the helm who all seem pretty confident in what they are doing. Mathie said to keep the plans and stuff about the new stand under wraps but VOR has released the pics there so I guess there's no harm in saying how great it all looks. The terracing is to remain untouched but the new building will be added on. The NT will also be shut for a year so we'll all be packed into the SRE in the meantime. 

Bullen was actually very honest. Especially when talking about Tomi and Maxwell. We've made a good offer to Adeloye but he's so far non committal. His agent has said he's got offers from top flight teams but Bullen says thats nonsense and backed it up by saying that "football guys talk". He thinks that some managers would find it hard to connect with Tomi and thats why he's moved about so much. He did say though that by the last few games, he and the player had sort of reached an understanding where by Adeloye trusted Bullen and that contributed to him being so good in the last few games of the season. 

Trying to get 6 players in and we've obviously got two in Dipo and Bangala. Bullen said we've got a budget but made sneaky offers to guys in a chance we might get them. Dom Thomas being one. QP simply offered more money. Sibbald was name dropped by Bullen when talking about his Falkirk days which prompted a question about the chances of signing him which Bullen answered by saying he is a player we are very interested in and both he and his agent are very open to the move. However we won't be the only club after him and we'll have to wait and see. That's about exciting as it got on the transfer front. Tried to get a boy released from Sheff Wednesday who agreed terms but then fucked us off for a club in the English 7th tier which prompted Bullen to give him a bit of a talking to and his agent to drop him out of embarrassment due to him reneging on the deal. 

There was loads of stuff said by Mathie who was really impressive it must be said. Really struck gold by getting the guy on board. 

The “how much money are Queens Park really splashing about” debate is finally settled. The biggest revelation of the night.

Edited by eez-eh

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just wish they had mentioned more toilets! That portacabin type with about 6 bogs really is no use for the NT/half of SRE, especially for big games 

He did say new toilets for both male  and female will be incorporated at both ends of the new stand along with a new pie shop also at both ends 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Will NT still be available during construction? Knowing some dobber would probably be pissed and knock a bit of railing or something over resulting in a claim😂

Nope , terracing will be out of use for a year during the build 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, he is happy enough as it is. Tam Tait will support more but not to the level of assistant 

Slight worry, think we saw last season a different point of view might be required at times.

42 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I wonder how they'll arrange the ground during that time. I imagine it'll just be a case of putting everyone in the SRE and seeing the main stand getting more use.

Put small away supports in the main stand/enclosure in front and allow home fans in the railway end for those games?

When new stand opens I assume it would be just home support in the North terrace with no corner given to away support. I've always wanted that tbh.

He said it will be by a game to game basis , no barrier for segregation as teams with small support will be allocated other areas and home fans could then use full length  

Just now, bazka6 said:

Slight worry, think we saw last season a different point of view might be required at times.

I don't think an assistant manager gives you that all that often. If Bullen is happy with his coaching team then I see no need to change it. I get the feeling that he would like someone to buy into the club in the same way he has but everyone he has spoken to has other commitments. 

Just now, bazka6 said:

He asked 3-4 but for different reasons they all couldn't do it. It's still a possibility I think at some point. 

He made a point that some people he has spoken to have all said Ayr is a great club but they have never considered joining us and that is something that needs to change. 

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The “how much money are Queens Park really splashing about” debate is finally settled. The biggest revelation of the night.

Aye he was quite open about that despite his pal Dempster being there. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye he was quite open about that despite his pal Dempster being there. 

I'll not give the full quote obviously but he said he want's to build the future of Ayr in a more sustainable manner. 

He was a bit more descriptive. 

28 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Were you expecting news on the the whole stadium being redeveloped? Tbf Somerset park is already a pretty good attraction for away fans. I imagine any further improvements will be made down the line if deemed necessary/possible. 

He did say there are lots of things needing done  but unfortunately he currently does not have the financial clout to deliver immediately and is working through the priorities 

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Nope , he said he was still looking for another forward 

I thought he said Dipo was the forward they knew they needed. I'd imagine we'll bring in another one if Tomi doesn't re-sign anyway. 

48 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I wonder how they'll arrange the ground during that time.

Far bigger clubs than Ayr have done without a stand. If push comes to shove then Bullen can just get the club relegated this season.

We’re probably looking at something like this at the moment

McAdams

Houston

?

McGinty

Reading

Murdoch

Dempsey

Bangala

O’Connor

Akinyemi

Ashford

Subs:

Albinson

Ecrepont

McAllister

Hewitt

Smith

McKenzie

Moffat

Bryden

I haven’t included the 5 youngsters as not sure how much involvement they’ll have. I’d imagine they may be loaned out. 

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Far bigger clubs than Ayr have done without a stand. If push comes to shove then Bullen can just get the club relegated this season.

Yeah it definitely wouldn't be an issue in terms of numbers. Probably get some some good atmospheres in the SRE with more in. Unless we're shite, then just an extra wee bit of toxicity.

Bangala should be officially announced tomorrow. Bullen did ask why they hadn't just shown a #imminent on the screens tonight. Sibbald seems like it could happen but there's always the chance that a better offer comes along and scuppers it for us. 

Not sure if anything else is close but @Finlay21did say that "some" players were at Somerset today so maybe a few things are closer than we think. Still the rumours about Scott Cuthbert doing the rounds as well as a supposed ex Ayr player. Not sure how true that all is though.