The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Wrong 

Certainly needing updated then. Vandalism everywhere and stinks of pish. Always get 'dirty old town' vibes from it. Also think with the Caledonian hotel (Whatever it's called now) and Smith's on Dalblair Road, the multistorey looks out of place.

shanemacgowan.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man
Dreamed a dreeeeam by the old canal!

The high Street is long gone  .its never going too pick up .what will the high Street look like in 10 years time? 

Council really need too do something about it .and that train station aswell.

Least in our town we have some really nice places unlike our pals up the road .

22 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The high Street is long gone  .its never going too pick up .what will the high Street look like in 10 years time? 

Council really need too do something about it .and that train station aswell.

Least in our town we have some really nice places unlike our pals up the road .

Someone once genuinely tried to tell me that Kilmarnock was a nicer town than Ayr.

I was like "LMAO nice joke bro".

The whole town has been declining for a long time. The high street nowadays is a fucking mess. Sandgate is alright I guess but other than that there's nothing positive about the town centre. Also, the state of parts of White City/Wallacetown is atrocious - total neglect for decades. I imagine it's probably not unique amongst towns across Scotland/UK, but really is a sad state of affairs. 

Train station man, geezo. Fucking state. There also seemed to be a spate of old/historic buildings burning down a couple of years ago. 

Edited by AuAl

Sky bridge to Newton-On-Ayr. Hotel complex next door. Retractable roof over the North Terrace. Club to buy the High Street and renovate it.

Flumes. Actual metal music in the Powerhouse again. Jump 4 Joy to re-open.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Sky bridge to Newton-On-Ayr. Hotel complex next door. Retractable roof over the North Terrace. Club to buy the High Street and renovate it.

Flumes. Actual metal music in the Powerhouse again. Jump 4 Joy to re-open.

Absolutely howling at Flumes 😂