The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am seldom in Ayr town centre these days, so this might be outdated.

If you want fish and chips, the Wellington (within walking distance of the seafront) is pretty good. Cechinnis is also good if you like Italian food. 

There is also the West Kirk which is a Wetherspoons, if you don't mind the fact that the guy who owns Wetherspoons is a massive p***k. I have never had any problems with the food in there though, and have always found it to be quite a safe bet. Granted, it's been over two years since I've been in there.

Don't order from Unos unless you want to spend a day on the toilet pan.

You know Ayr has gone rapidly down hill when you're recommending weatherspoons food.

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

You know Ayr has gone rapidly down hill when you're recommending weatherspoons food.

Yep. Sad times.

I would also have recommended the Chinese restaurant Lychees but apparently that's closing. I am not sure when though.

Tomi’s agent better hope the clubs he’s touting him to have memories like goldfish because if you look at his career prior to his season with us it makes you realise we took one hell of a risk on a striker who’s best return was 4 goals in any of his other seasons at pretty mediocre levels. If I’m reading his stats right he more than doubled his career goals stats in his season with us. Dipo’s stats make him look like Gerd Muller compared to Tomi.

If no-one does fancy meeting the wage demands of a 26 year old who’s been a one season wonder to date based on his stats I wonder if our offer is actually still on the table now that we’ve got Dipo signed up.

In case there’s any doubt I’d have initially liked him to stay and think it would have been good for him and us in the long run but I’d be concerned now that the dynamic has changed. Dipo certainly comes with a better pedigree although we’ve still to see that he can translate that to results on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Completely unrelated, but where's the good spots to eat/takeaways in ayr?

Headed to Craig Tara for a week soon with the kids.

Also f**k Kilmarnock. 

Thank you.

For a curry, there's a place called Priya not too far from Craig Tara, does takeaway and sit in.  Decent spots in town I would say are Smoking Goat on the sandgate, Ghilli Dhu top of the town and Tempura top of the town.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yep. Sad times.

I would also have recommended the Chinese restaurant Lychees but apparently that's closing. I am not sure when though.

Think it’s already closed. Rumours are it’s moving to where the Royal Blossom was down the harbour. 

Tomorrow night after they announce the future developments, Bullen takes to the stage to talk us through the squad for next year.

As he talks about a new signing, dry ice smoke is seen emerging from beneath a door. He gets on the the subject of an old favourite returning. 
Music starts playing, 80’s teen heartthrob Tiffany’s hit I think we’re alone now. 
The door is opened to reveal

Declan McDaid

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think it’s already closed. Rumours are it’s moving to where the Royal Blossom was down the harbour. 

Passed yesterday and there was definitely a lot of work going on at what was the Royal Blossom, so might be true. Lychees was class.

Ayr has really gone down hill for options to eat/drink imo. 

FS, gonnae just sign someone Ayr.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tomorrow night after they announce the future developments, Bullen takes to the stage to talk us through the squad for next year.

As he talks about a new signing, dry ice smoke is seen emerging from beneath a door. He gets on the the subject of an old favourite returning. 
Music starts playing, 80’s teen heartthrob Tiffany’s hit I think we’re alone now. 
The door is opened to reveal

Declan McDaid

Children -- Behave !!!

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is that building still there? If it is, it's been empty for fucking decades.

Along with 90% of the other empty buildings in the town... place is a shambles

Was up at Glasgow at the weekend for the first time since covid and yes it has taken a hit with a lot more empty shops now but still is miles ahead of Ayr.

Whole town is an embarrassment 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Was up at Glasgow at the weekend for the first time since covid and yes it has taken a hit with a lot more empty shops now but still is miles ahead of Ayr.

Sign of the times tbh.

Online shopping, streaming services and big supermarkets have killed the High Street.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The new council are triumphantly hailing the cancellation of the new leisure centre as saving a fortune. 

Aye, fair enough but you have just left 3/4 of Ayr high street derelict and the other quarter a shitehole with now no plan to improve it. 

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

Yeah I'd agree with it being more an agent than arrogance and he hasn't ever struck me as an arrogant type based on any sort of interviews or behaviour on the pitch.

Again, it's all a case of if these things are true and hopefully they aren't but if his agent is running the risk of costing him a good move or a better contract at Ayr. I'd say the lack of contact is just disrespectful IMO.

With the Vision night looming it might also be a timely release of information by the club. Hopefully negotiations are still going on in the background and this keeps the story running

The new council are triumphantly hailing the cancellation of the new leisure centre as saving a fortune. 

Aye, fair enough but you have just left 3/4 of Ayr high street derelict and the other quarter a shitehole with now no plan to improve it. 
Apparently they are putting some of the money into the citadel, I haven't been in the place since I moved out of ayr as a kid in 1990 and I bet its not changed much but putting money in won't change its out of the high street location, the new thing proposed at the Kyle center would have brought folk into the town.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Apparently they are putting some of the money into the citadel, I haven't been in the place since I moved out of ayr as a kid in 1990 and I bet its not changed much but putting money in won't change its out of the high street location, the new thing proposed at the Kyle center would have brought folk into the town.

The flumes were removed. There was some sort of urban myth that someone died on one of them.