The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Even with the addition of Dipo we still need another striker. Ideally that would be Tomi but we really need to be giving him an ultimatum at this point. Either sign the deal or the deal is withdrawn and we move onto other targets.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Sounds like Tomi is just trying to get as much cash as possible. I would move on and look elsewhere he was good but was no Harry Kane. Good luck to him but best for both parties to call it a day,

No, he'd need to work VERY hard on his diving for that one.....

I wouldn’t think it’s down to his arrogance, I think you are closer to the point of being badly advised ,  all interactions are likely through the agent and that’s why Tomi will be free to go where he pleases until a deal is struck somewhere 
Yeah I'd agree with it being more an agent than arrogance and he hasn't ever struck me as an arrogant type based on any sort of interviews or behaviour on the pitch.

Again, it's all a case of if these things are true and hopefully they aren't but if his agent is running the risk of costing him a good move or a better contract at Ayr. I'd say the lack of contact is just disrespectful IMO.

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

When Is time to start panicking about the lack of new players coming in asking for a friend . 

We kept a fair few from last year so it’s not at the panic stage yet although we only have 1 central defender and no one we could use as a stopgap. 

the English leagues finished after us and players will be on holiday. I’d be more worried about targets we know about moving elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

We kept a fair few from last year so it’s not at the panic stage yet although we only have 1 central defender and no one we could use as a stopgap. 

the English leagues finished after us and players will be on holiday. I’d be more worried about targets we know about moving elsewhere. 

Most English players contracts don’t run out until June 30th 

4 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

Honestly don’t think Tomi is the full shilling. Totally bizarre this.

I honestly don’t think it’s Tomi , I don’t think his agent is doing him any favours 

15 minutes ago, United1973 said:

When Is time to start panicking about the lack of new players coming in asking for a friend . 

Given we are still about 6 players short then I’d say it’s fine to have concerns now. Hopefully we’ll get a few in before pre season which will help remove some of the concerns. 

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Completely unrelated, but where's the good spots to eat/takeaways in ayr?

Headed to Craig Tara for a week soon with the kids.

Also f**k Kilmarnock. 

Thank you.

I am seldom in Ayr town centre these days, so this might be outdated.

If you want fish and chips, the Wellington (within walking distance of the seafront) is pretty good. Cechinnis is also good if you like Italian food. 

There is also the West Kirk which is a Wetherspoons, if you don't mind the fact that the guy who owns Wetherspoons is a massive p***k. I have never had any problems with the food in there though, and have always found it to be quite a safe bet. Granted, it's been over two years since I've been in there.

Don't order from Unos unless you want to spend a day on the toilet pan.