The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, North British said:

Possibly the announcement of two old favourites resigning for the club .

Come on down, Nicky Devlin - unlike McDaid and Crawford, Nicky was always a favourite in my book at least.

AP says that we’ve not heard back from Tomi so we just went ahead and signed our number one target in Akinyemi. No idea what this means for Tomi but the fact that there’s not been a running dialogue between the player and ourselves suggests he’s away. Also trying to get a defender and a midfielder in for pre season starting on Friday so maybe an announcement to come either today or tomorrow on that front.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

AP says that we’ve not heard back from Tomi so we just went ahead and signed our number one target in Akinyemi. No idea what this means for Tomi but the fact that there’s not been a running dialogue between the player and ourselves suggests he’s away. Also trying to get a defender and a midfielder in for pre season starting on Friday so maybe an announcement to come either today or tomorrow on that front.

You would have expected / hoped that he would have kept the club up to date one way or another out of decency / respect if nothing else.

He obviously wasn't THAT busy going by his social media updates, so if true, maybe we're just as well rid of him.

We needed another striker even if Adeloye does not sign, Bryden is still learning, Ashford so far has been hard working does a lot of good things but has not looked like a 15 to 20 goal a season player, if Adeloye signs brilliant if not I'd still be looking for another forward even if it was a loanee.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If that's the case then I would just confirm he's not got back to us and move on. A blow in terms of losing the goals, but  you can see why he moves about so often.

Edited by callum-ayr

If that's the case then I would just confirm he's not got back to us and move in. A blow in terms of losing the goals, but  you can see why he moves about so often.

I think it’s quite poor form to be honest. He doesn’t really owe us anything but to be given what I’d imagine is a decent offer and then not kee the club informed about what’s happening whilst he’s swanning about isn’t a great look. Leaves the club in a tricky position of either waiting for him and risking losing out on both him and our top replacement or just firing on and telling Adeloye he’s out of time.

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If that's the case then I would just confirm he's not got back to us and move in. A blow in terms of losing the goals, but  you can see why he moves about so often.

Speaking to another players agent who knows  Tomi said he can’t believe the salary demands by his agent ( agent is basing it on the hype being generated ) and that’s likely why there doesn’t  seem to be any rumours of him signing for anyone , likely demands will decrease , still wouldn’t rule him out yet 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Speaker to another players agent who knows  Tomi said he can’t believe the salary demand and feels he is living in his own hype and that’s why there doesn’t  seem to be any rumours of him signing for anyone , likely demands will decrease 

Yeah that seems to be what a lot of fans feel without actually knowing ball park figures etc.  Especially no real concrete rumours around other clubs being in for him or close to signing somewhere else.  He seemed to have it good last year when flying back south every week, assume he didn't train all week with us.

And we are back to the believing his own hype stuff because he hasn’t signed a contract - it isn’t his role to keep the club informed while he is on holiday, that’s his agent and the clubs job. Football player in wanting as much money as they can get shocker!

If it's true he's acting like that then it's time to move on. Either he's being badly advised by an agent or he's being arrogant beyond belief. No issue with players moving on for a better wage or a higher level (it's a short career) but just have the decency to be honest (like McInroy) and you'll at least be respected for it.

I think the manner of his departure is as disappointing as leaving itself if this is what's happened.

And we are back to the believing his own hype stuff because he hasn’t signed a contract - it isn’t his role to keep the club informed while he is on holiday, that’s his agent and the clubs job. Football player in wanting as much money as they can get shocker!

Don’t think it’s that unlikely that the guy thinks he’s due a move to a bigger club on the back of this season. Think he’ll be disappointed as I don’t think he’ll get a better offer than the Conference down South.

It would’ve been courteous of him to let us know what he’s up to in between his three holidays but hey ho.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I maybe didn’t word it properly, it’s his agent that is doing the negotiation’s and valuations , I feel every player should try to get as much as they can as it’s a short career 

( will edit my post ) 

Edited by Finlay21

8 minutes ago, super_carson said:

If it's true he's acting like that then it's time to move on. Either he's being badly advised by an agent or he's being arrogant beyond belief. No issue with players moving on for a better wage or a higher level (it's a short career) but just have the decency to be honest (like McInroy) and you'll at least be respected for it.

I think the manner of his departure is as disappointing as leaving itself if this is what's happened.

I wouldn’t think it’s down to his arrogance, I think you are closer to the point of being badly advised ,  all interactions are likely through the agent and that’s why Tomi will be free to go where he pleases until a deal is struck somewhere 

37 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:
This rule doesn’t apply to games played in Auchinleck

Please don't trigger the nightmare again, it's particularly bad if you stay in cumnock.

Tell me about it. Mauchline is 90% talbot. Personally hated the c***s long before they beat us.