The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I see Tommu put a "Back to ⚽" on an Insta story.  Hopefully that means he has decided where he is going (hopefully staying).  Him staying would finalise our forwaed line and mean we have O'Connor, Akinyemi, Ashford and Mckenzie covering the wide areas and we can focus on a few defenders and a midfielder at least.

Be a huge boost securing Adeloye. New boy looks a unit too and if he's got similar abilities to the aforementioned then it's some front line

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Be a huge boost securing Adeloye. New boy looks a unit too and if he's got similar talent to the aforementioned then it's some front line

Yeah, goal scoring forwards have been a problem since Moore and Shankland left and Moffat getting on, so to lose a player who was getting close to 15+ goals a season would be a kick in the nads.  Even if it's just another season for now it gives us that security going into the season.

Listened to Steve Evans Stevenage boss he says he wanted to keep Scott Cuthbert but he was wanting to get into a coaching role which he thought he would excell at with his leadership skills, if we have spoken to him could this be our new player coach would be a great move, been captain in his last three clubs and  will have made a few bob in England. Before maybe looking to move back to Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Listened to Steve Evans Stevenage boss he says he wanted to keep Scott Cuthbert but he was wanting to get into a coaching role which he thought he would excell at with his leadership skills, if we have spoken to him could this be our new player coach would be a great move, been captain in his last three clubs and  will have made a few bob in England. Before maybe looking to move back to Scotland.

Certainly within our budget, we have not heard what is happening re coaches. 

The club said last week when McInroy was leaving their would be staffing updates.  Cuthbert could be that guy, experienced centre back coming from England with a player/coaching role. English contracts running to end of June may be the hold up.

Edited by callum-ayr

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The cub said last week when McInroy was leaving their would be staffing updates.  Cuthbert could be that guy, experienced centre back coming from England with a player/coaching role. English contracts running to end of June may be the hold up.

What kind of cub was it? Lion, bear, tiger?

As far as I know, Constantine has lived in the north east his whole life so I doubt he’s going to uproot to Ayrshire.

I’d expect Dundee, maybe even Ross County or Inverness, Cove as well would be further up his list that us.

I think Robbo quashed the Robbie Crawford rumour yesterday. I’d like to see him back. He’d be another due a testimonial soon. Less pressure on him with Murdoch and Dempsey. 

Maxwell is likely, I’ve no idea what his relationship with Bullen is but it may sway him one way or the other. 

Other than that it’s impossible to say who will be turning up to sign. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As far as I know, Constantine has lived in the north east his whole life so I doubt he’s going to uproot to Ayrshire.

I’d expect Dundee, maybe even Ross County or Inverness, Cove as well would be further up his list that us.

I think Robbo quashed the Robbie Crawford rumour yesterday. I’d like to see him back. He’d be another due a testimonial soon. Less pressure on him with Murdoch and Dempsey. 

Maxwell is likely, I’ve no idea what his relationship with Bullen is but it may sway him one way or the other. 

Other than that it’s impossible to say who will be turning up to sign. 

Wouldn’t rule anybody out just yet , just confirming Crawford was not at Somerset yesterday 

Looking at some stuff and I noticed McGinty won the most headers (80) defending his own box (next nearest is 65) but we allowed so many crosses in that he was only 5th best as a percentage (67.5).  Full backs really need to step up next season, one of them should have really been replaced.  

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Looking at some stuff and I noticed McGinty won the most headers (80) defending his own box (next nearest is 65) but we allowed so many crosses in that he was only 5th best as a percentage (67.5).  Full backs really need to step up next season, one of them should have really been replaced.  

The tactics of sitting back and letting teams come on to us also didn't help and with the likes of Dempsey, Murdoch, (and maybe Smith) and hopefully good quality new Midfielder in the side, then we really should be playing more of a possession based game and let the opposition worry about us rather than the other way around. 

Hopefully we can also add a footballing Central defender to compliment McGinty's siege mentality which would then allow us to play out a bit more and utilise the undoubted talents of guys like O'Connor and the strength and running power of Ashford. Reading is also a pretty decent footballer so all in all I see no reason why we shouldn't be playing a possession based game where possible.

I suppose much will depend on who we add to the squad, in terms of CH, attacking Mid and up top.

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Tbf McAllister at Firhhill must have accounted for about 137 crosses allowed into the box all in the one game, one of the worst performances by a full back I've ever seen, much worse than the poor games that Houston and Reading have admittedly had. 

15 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Tbf McAllister at Firhhill must have accounted for about 137 crosses allowed into the box all in the one game, one of the worst performances by a full back I've ever seen, much worse than the poor games that Houston and Reading have admittedly had. 

That's True, however Houston was in double figures for "horrific games" for us last season.

I'm hoping that he was maybe playing through an injury and that it wasn't really his "true" form.....

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's True, however Houston was in double figures for "horrific games" for us last season.

I'm hoping that he was maybe playing through an injury and that it wasn't really his "true" form.....

I've been hoping that for three seasons now.

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Are we waiting till the vision night? 

When I tell people that I'm going to a "vision night" they think I'm going to a seance 🤣