The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Even if he’s been released?

Has he been released?

I’ve not seen anything saying who’s cut ties from who. If Rangers have let him go then no fee will be due. If he was offered a contract and he chose not to sign then Rangers will be due some cash. He’s only been there for a few years so I don’t imagine it’ll be that much. I’d also think Rangers would be willing to negotiate it to an appropriate amount.

I just don’t see where he plays in our team though.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye they’ll be due a development fee I’d imagine. Will be minimal though, don’t see it being a deal breaker. 

Won’t get a development fee if they’ve released him.

would only get a fee if they’ve offered him a new deal and he rejected it.

Has he been released?

I’ve not seen anything saying who’s cut ties from who. If Rangers have let him go then no fee will be due. If he was offered a contract and he chose not to sign then Rangers will be due some cash. He’s only been there for a few years so I don’t imagine it’ll be that much. I’d also think Rangers would be willing to negotiate it to an appropriate amount.

I just don’t see where he plays in our team though.
Paddy at RB Maxwell at LB?

Paddy at RB Maxwell at LB?

If that was something Bullen was willing to do he’d have done it last season. If we sign him we’ll play him in midfield where he has about one good game in five.

No thanks to Maxwell, pea hearted.  Better after Christmas I will say though but generally part of our issues rather than being held back by the rest.  

Six goals from the midfield while playing out of position in the Championship isn’t to be sniffed at . If we’re lucky enough to have a shot a signing him we got to take it . The guy is Scottish Premiership or English Championship bound in the fullness of time , crazy not to be in for him . 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a bit generous including goals in League 1 though.

Surely then incredibly harsh to say his goal record with us was poor when he had to spend massive amounts of time in deeper midfield positions due to injuries...

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

If that was something Bullen was willing to do he’d have done it last season. If we sign him we’ll play him in midfield where he has about one good game in five.

^This, I'm not sure where he fits into the team tbh. I'd have liked to see him in his natural position at left back. At wide left he never did enough for me.

Perhaps it's because I am comparing him to Forrest and McCowan? 

The boy definitely has talent but we didn't get the best out of him consistently.

Edited by Trogdor

21 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Will we get a Triple Tuesday signing news today……..

Nice one. Any thoughts on who that might be or positions?

Crawford or Broadfoot possibilities?

Any rumours linking you to Grant Savoury? Heard Airdrie and QoS linked to him.

5 weeks into the summer transfer window and we're not even close to a signing, need a manager first.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Nice one. Any thoughts on who that might be or positions? Any rumours linking you to Grant Savoury? Heard Airdrie and QoS linked to him.

5 weeks into the summer transfer window and we're not even close to a signing, need a manager first.

I'd have thought yous would have been front runners for Considine in like a player-coach role - any idea where he's going?

I see Tommi put a "Back to ⚽" on an Insta story.  Hopefully that means he has decided where he is going (hopefully staying).  Him staying would finalise our forwaed line and mean we have O'Connor, Akinyemi, Ashford and Mckenzie covering the wide areas and we can focus on a few defenders and a midfielder at least.

Edited by callum-ayr

3 hours ago, southsiderayr said:

I'd have thought yous would have been front runners for Considine in like a player-coach role - any idea where he's going?

He's a potential target I would have said and I'm sure the club have made contact with him. Whether he will chase playing at the highest level he can who knows.

I'd given him a 1 year contract at least. If we choose Barry Robson as manager he might go for Andy as player/assistant.

I saw Andy from afar on Sunday in Banchory. Was going to go over to him and ask a few questions but I had 2 young kids and 2 dogs and he was getting into his car with his boy and was away before I was close! I used to play golf and have the odd night out with his older brother Doug. Latter moved away to Edinburgh about 15 years ago and i've barely seen him.

Edited by CoveRangers1922