The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve scrolled through their page and the also had an all black one a couple of months ago. I think it’s more likely that they have their own strip and sponsor. Doubt the club would be so stupid as to releases kits to them knowing that they’d be shown on social media.

In saying that, I wouldn’t mind an all black strip.

It’s my company that’s sponsors them and they choose the strips last season. No connection to senior team in relation to strips. 

Can’t say I know him personally but know a couple of younger players who have trained with him and they and their parents couldn’t speak more highly about him. Honestly don’t think he would be the worst at your level and he was no hassle at Killie.

That's not true, according to some of our fans he apparently managed to contribute to getting a manager sacked despite not even being at the club at the time.

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hoping this is the calm before the storm, would like to see some action before the vision night on Thursday.

vision night to be wasted by questions about signings rather than infrastructure

49 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hoping this is the calm before the storm, would like to see some action before the vision night on Thursday.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they'll want to be facing the fans with good news and a happy atmosphere as opposed to fielding questions about the playing side when trying to get their messages across about off the field matters and the next 5 years etc.

Surely people will grasp that the off field set-up will give us more income, a better budget and ideally (if management recruitment is right) better players, better results and more success and wins for us fans.

It’s all been a long time coming - and has been a chicken and egg scenario - but we finally have a structure that is spending big off field to increase revenue for ever more.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Surely people will grasp that the off field set-up will give us more income, a better budget and ideally (if management recruitment is right) better players, better results and more success and wins for us fans.

It’s all been a long time coming - and has been a chicken and egg scenario - but we finally have a structure that is spending big off field to increase revenue for ever more.

Yes, but people also want a bit of success on the park and don't want to be shelling out £285 to be watching their team get humped by Morton etc.

It's a fine balancing act which so far seems to be working pretty well but we DO still need to be showing ambition in the playing side, otherwise it's all pretty pointless.

Phase 1 was staying up which we achieved (only just), however we now need to be kicking on and showing improvement and indeed ambition ON the park as well as off.

The 2 and 3 year contracts are a signal of intent as was tying up Ben Dempsey, however more is still needed and I'm hopeful that there will be some good quality acquisitions to come, hot on the heels of Akinyemi who could really be a sensation if he can replicate his past scoring record and I see no reason why he shouldn't.

There's no doubt that it's exciting times at the moment down Somerset way....

Edited by WATTOO

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, but people also want a bit of success on the park and don't want to be shelling out £285 to be watching their team get humped by Morton etc.

It's a fine balancing act which so far seems to be working pretty well but we DO still need to be showing ambition in the playing side, otherwise it's all pretty pointless.

My point is, where do people think the money comes from to show that ambition?

For so long we have been boom and bust and I’m just really glad that infrastructure and revenue streams are finally being created, utilised and maximised so that we CAN show and sustain the ambition on the park.

I’m sure we will get a decent squad this season, but with everything else off the pitch, will be consistently better in the years to come.

16 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

My point is, where do people think the money comes from to show that ambition?

For so long we have been boom and bust and I’m just really glad that infrastructure and revenue streams are finally being created, utilised and maximised so that we CAN show and sustain the ambition on the park.

I’m sure we will get a decent squad this season, but with everything else off the pitch, will be consistently better in the years to come.

I don't disagree with you, I'm a season ticket holder and have been for decades, however for many it's about product on the pitch and value for money as opposed to an unquestioning labour of love.

We're in the entertainment business and in the 21st century people have options and many of them, is it the Golf ? maybe the Cinema with friends / family or even just a pub crawl, coupon, couple of horses and watch Jeff Stelling.

The point I'm attempting to make is that while I'm in 100% agreement about infrastructure and longevity, we also need to be ensuring that we have a bit of on field ambition and are actually looking to try and get promoted which will promote interest, excitement and that "dare to dream" sort of vibe among our support, the town, and the surrounding areas.

Ally was a master at this, McCall was pretty decent also, so while it's not everyone's character, we DO need the club to start promoting us and even over egging the pudding as it were, as ambition, confidence, and excitement tend to rub off and at this point I do believe that's EXACTLY what we need to finally take the club forward.

Thursday night- hello, before we get started on the outline of developments, here’s a quick update from Lee on the playing squad. 
Bullen then talks for 5 min on how he hopes the squad will look by the league cup and what they are looking at rather than who.

done, on to the infrastructure.

I imagine they will want a couple of players in place otherwise it may turn in to - aye, it’s all very well building a 40,000 stadium with a retractable roof but where the f**k are our new centre half’s 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Thursday night- hello, before we get started on the outline of developments, here’s a quick update from Lee on the playing squad. 
Bullen then talks for 5 min on how he hopes the squad will look by the league cup and what they are looking at rather than who.

done, on to the infrastructure.

I imagine they will want a couple of players in place otherwise it may turn in to - aye, it’s all very well building a 40,000 stadium with a retractable roof but where the f**k are our new centre half’s 

Bullen is doing a talk on the football side for coming season and beyond if I remember correctly.  Smith on development of Somerset and Mathie on vision and direction of the club.

It will be interesting to see what the vision will be, Im sure it will be small stuff short term like improvement in hospitality brining north terracing catering in house etc. The longer term may be do you bring hospitality and the playing side together.

Hopefully having a smaller squad means more quality 🤞and an ability to bring in if needed. 

5 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

When will tops be available.. Really want new one for before I go on holiday... Like to wear it abroad.... 

Cheers

Home tops next Wed/Thu ,away tops July