The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Folk might disagree but instead of out right replacing McInroy I’d rather see us give more game time to Paul Smith. If we get the required bodies in next season and they aren’t utterly shite then it’s unlikely our season will hang on a midfielder being able to score a handful of long range goals.

In an ideal world Paul Smith and Michael Hewitt will really kick on next season but Smith has only started one game, and was very good in fairness and Hewitt is coming back from practically a whole season out. Remember Andy Murdoch took a while to get back to his best after his injury. I still think we need another midfielder. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Going with a smaller squad hopefully means quality over quantity, 14 or so players of a decent level plus younger players like Hewitt and Smith coming in to try and make an impression. 

It also means we are a couple of injuries away from a crisis.

Things were bad enough when injuries happened last season with a comparatively large squad. McCall always loved signing guys who were permanently crocked as well. With Bullen seemingly still not even decided on a permanent formation there certainly needs to be a bit of give, even if the club's stated aim is to have generalists who can play in more than one position.

I think we may go into the league cup groups with a smaller squad and using four or five younger players. Then we can use those games to see what areas are needing addressed and who out of the younger group will be able to contribute this season.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Not too upset anyone but I'm fairly sure I just walked past Drongan's finest having lunch with his bird at the Red Lion.

I was in there about six years ago. 

It was shite.

Edited by Richey Edwards

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not too upset anyone but I'm fairly sure I just walked past Drongan's finest having lunch with his bird at the Red Lion.

1- it's probably not his wife.... The dirty dog... 

2- he wears designer clothes and jeans with no socks so ofcoarse he goes out in Prestwick... 

3-Is he having a bale of hay for his main??? 

Fairly sure he still stays in Doonfoot so it’s not a huge surprise to see him out and about in Ayrshire.