The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, I’d agree with this. You’ll struggle to get two better holding midfielders in this league than Murdoch and Dempsey on their day. It’s a attacking midfielder we need. Someone who is going to chip in with goals. 

We've got a wee Ukrainian lad whos due a step up if you're interested.

Reflecting on where we were. I felt pretty pessimistic this time last year. We still had Hopkin the haddie having scraped to avoid relegation. He was still on holiday at this point. We didn't have Mathie or Glendinning. I know I can be critical but we're better than we were this time a year ago.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Reflecting on where we were. I felt pretty pessimistic this time last year. We still had Hopkin the haddie having scraped to avoid relegation. He was still on holiday at this point. We didn't have Mathie or Glendinning. I know I can be critical but we're better than we were this time a year ago.

That is all true. But we have a bit to go to have a team competent at this level

We're definitely better placed than last year for giving ourselves a chance.  Until we see how the squad is going to look there's no idea if it'll be better, worse or just the same. 

If we can get in a more creative midfielder, a left sided winger Allassani? Two decent center backs and one who could cover right back as well, I'd be perfectly happy even if Adeloye does not sign, if we get those bodies in plus the exciting crop we potentially have coming through the academy I think we will be closer to the top four than the bottom two next season.

Folk might disagree but instead of out right replacing McInroy I’d rather see us give more game time to Paul Smith. If we get the required bodies in next season and they aren’t utterly shite then it’s unlikely our season will hang on a midfielder being able to score a handful of long range goals.

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Adeloye scud booked around clubs for years, he was signed for East Kilbride for a period before Ayr. he wasn't rampant at Ayr, he was probably an Ian Ferguson, Stevie Kerrigan level of performer rather than a Hurst of Shankland, or even a Moore. 

We gave him an opportunity to play full time football and make a name for himself. He has came across as a bit like McDaid when he left Ayr, completely believes his own hype. I would like to keep him but it may be time to move on from him and I wouldn't break the bank for him. 

I am sure we are paying him a decent amount, maybe even paying his accommodation up here. Maybe he doesn't want an extended deal or whatever, either way he has had a fair amount of time to accept a new deal. 

Stevie Kerrigan was my very first Ayr hero, I refuse to sing his song to other players names, including Tomi haha

3 hours ago, diege said:

Stevie Kerrigan was my very first Ayr hero, I refuse to sing his song to other players names, including Tomi haha

He was also mine .I still have the top from that season and had his name and number printed on the back .