The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Tomi is not signing. This guy is a straight replacement for him. Personally I would rather have retained Tomi as we know what we get from him. I still think there is a better player in him to emerge but it’s not going to be with us.

He may well be but we can’t be sure at this stage. Even if Tomi was to stay we would of still needed to bring in another striker, this guy could well be him. 

FWIW I’d be giving Tomi to Friday to sign a new deal and if he hasn’t then I’d be withdrawing the offer. That’s if it hasn’t already. 

17 minutes ago, North British said:

Your tone is getting a bit tiresome best work on it most promptly .

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Btw didn’t mean to come across like that honestly. Apologies if it 

Absolutely telt.  Holy f**k.

Edited by Sortmeout

Adeloye scud booked around clubs for years, he was signed for East Kilbride for a period before Ayr. he wasn't rampant at Ayr, he was probably an Ian Ferguson, Stevie Kerrigan level of performer rather than a Hurst of Shankland, or even a Moore. 

We gave him an opportunity to play full time football and make a name for himself. He has came across as a bit like McDaid when he left Ayr, completely believes his own hype. I would like to keep him but it may be time to move on from him and I wouldn't break the bank for him. 

I am sure we are paying him a decent amount, maybe even paying his accommodation up here. Maybe he doesn't want an extended deal or whatever, either way he has had a fair amount of time to accept a new deal. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Adeloye scud booked around clubs for years, he was signed for East Kilbride for a period before Ayr. he wasn't rampant at Ayr, he was probably an Ian Ferguson, Stevie Kerrigan level of performer rather than a Hurst of Shankland, or even a Moore. 

We gave him an opportunity to play full time football and make a name for himself. He has came across as a bit like McDaid when he left Ayr, completely believes his own hype. I would like to keep him but it may be time to move on from him and I wouldn't break the bank for him. 

I am sure we are paying him a decent amount, maybe even paying his accommodation up here. Maybe he doesn't want an extended deal or whatever, either way he has had a fair amount of time to accept a new deal. 

Totally agree with this, people only seem to be picking out his good moments and forgetting about the games where he offered nothing and also the chances that he missed that you'd have expected him to take.

For what it's worth, I feel the same way about McInroy, both he and Tomi seem to be getting turned into some sort of super human players at this level when in reality we were so bad in the attacking Midfield department that ANY competent player would have looked like a huge upgrade and pretty much the same goes for Adeloye and our issues up top.

As I said previously, I'd have definitely kept both of them if we could have, however neither were that good that I'd be offering silly money to keep them or writing our season off if they went.

I'd also add that If we're to read across our new guys scoring record over the past few years against Adeloye at pretty much the same level, the the new guy based on stats alone looks like a much more exciting prospect, however only time will tell....

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The fig I could find was 20k for last season which seemed low so I wondered if he was only PT, there may be other benefits as you suggested though., he appears involved in a Management consultancy firm. So even if you where offering him a higher wage it may not be what he is looking for. 

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Totally agree with this, people only seem to be picking out his good moments and forgetting about the games where he offered nothing and also the chances that he missed that you'd have expected him to take.

For what it's worth, I feel the same way about McInroy, both he and Tomi seem to be getting turned into some sort of super human players at this level when in reality we were so bad in the attacking Midfield department that ANY competent player would have looked like a huge upgrade and pretty much the same goes for Adeloye and our issues up top.

As I said previously, I'd have definitely kept both of them if we could have, however neither were that good that I'd be offering silly money to keep them or writing our season off if they went.

I'd also add that If we're to read across our new guys scoring record over the past few years against Adeloye at pretty much the same level, the the new guy based on stats alone looks like a much more exciting prospect, however only time will tell....

Tend to agree with the above . I’m a huge fan of Tomi and hope he signs . However this lad Dipo looks a more energetic player , aggressive and mobile with that fox in the box instinct .  Wither we pair him up with Bryden or Ashford , or bring in a big hard working centre forward to knock the headers down and/or behind  will depending how much budget we have left after brining in the priority defenders and midfielders . 

On Kerr walking , again cracking player but we got our priorities right getting Dempsey fixed up .  Interesting about McGinn , think the Morton boys fancy there chances of getting him , but you never know . The Wiki transfer list isn’t bulging with guys available and in our price range . 

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t think we are. There was an interview with him and a few more of the English boys who’d recently moved up here in The Athletic a wee while ago and they were all living in Glasgow supposedly.

The ones we’re paying for I’d expect are living locally.

If Adeloye's social is anything to go by the guy is still on holiday. So perhaps he's verbally agreed to stay and we'll get the big reveal when he's back, perhaps he's waiting to hear what offers he gets. Either way, I don't think anyone can be sure given the guy has been around the world in the past fortnight.

I reckon Tomi will stay.

There are some short memories on this thread. I think its more a case of thinking he's gone and trying to rationalise how we won't miss him.

Without Tomi's goals we'd have been dead an buried. He scores approximately a goal every 180 mins. That kind of hit rate is rare. He only played 2/3rds of available minutes in the league last season. With a full pre-season and staying fit he'd be near 20 goals imo.

Do the right thing Tomi and sign on the dotted line for the Honest men.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I reckon Tomi will stay.

There are some short memories on this thread. I think its more a case of thinking he's gone and trying to rationalise how we won't miss him.

Without Tomi's goals we'd have been dead an buried. He scores approximately a goal every 180 mins. That kind of hit rate is rare. He only played 2/3rds of available minutes in the league last season. With a full pre-season and staying fit he'd be near 20 goals imo.

Do the right thing Tomi and sign on the dotted line for the Honest men.

I'm not saying we wont miss him but Ayr and him were a good match last season, he needed full time football and we needed a forward within our range. He wasn't a fantastic player for Ayr but he was certainly a good one in a period where so much was bad. 

I don't think he is worth more than the club can afford or be held to ransom by. If he want's to leave he would have left by now. The story in the Ayrshire post was it was looking likely he'd go elsewhere so I would guess its pounds and pence thats holding up him signing. 

I don’t think we can start saying that McInroy and Adeloye wouldn’t massively improve our starting eleven. McInroy will likely go to Kilmarnock and will do okay in the Premiership.

FWIW I don’t think Adeloye has actually decided what he’s doing. I don’t think he’s particularly interested in moving to another Scottish club as he doesn’t see his long term future being up here. Think he’ll be holding out for a club in England that will match his wage demands. Unfortunately that move may never transpire and we’re not going to wait around forever for him. I think we’ll know one way or other this week as the question about his future will ultimately be raised on Thursday night with Mathie and Bullen present. I’d imagine we’ll also get another one or two signings this week before then as well.

I think folk are worrying about nothing. Mathie isn't daft. If Tomi is holding us to ransom (don't believe that anyway), we'll walk away. If he's hanging on for a better offer I'm sure Mathie will have put a deadline on our offer.

It's all good. I reckon he'll be unveiled at the start of the Vision Night and Bullen will drop the mic (in a good way).

Edited by Trogdor

44 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

If Adeloye's social is anything to go by the guy is still on holiday. So perhaps he's verbally agreed to stay and we'll get the big reveal when he's back, perhaps he's waiting to hear what offers he gets. Either way, I don't think anyone can be sure given the guy has been around the world in the past fortnight.

He’s back from holiday was playing a charity game in London last week

3 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think with tomi that he probably thinks he's better than he actually  is .it would for him make sense too sign for ayr again next season. Last season was the best hes ever had .im sure he will have another good season next year then maybe get a good move after that .

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Where is this nonsense chat about him believing his own hype even coming from?! 
Completely made up pish. 

Where is this nonsense chat about him believing his own hype even coming from?! 
Completely made up pish. 

Aye

If there’s anyone holding up any deal it’ll perhaps be an agent trying to get a better offer from England and even then that might not be the case. I think the guy would be keen to stay but ideally would like to go back home and play there consistently.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Adeloye at East Kilbride?