The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, North British said:

All about opinions but in mine neither Murdy or Ben are holders , in my book to quote Ally McLeod , they are buzzers or in today’s lingo box to box grafters . Need a unit behind them to mop up , smash people in the air and play out . We had a big farmer a couple of years ago that did this job pretty well . 

Kerr McInroy was a top player , maybe a luxury we can’t afford at the moment . We have to plug the leaks at the back and protect the back line with a holder . Again just my opinion .....

You are fucking obsessed with gogic. How many times have you mentioned him in the last year? 

18 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

🤔 national League south? 6th tier of English football?

What's the Scottish equivalent?

There are no direct equivalents. However this is not a level that's easy to get out of, and it's a ripe ground for good players. Fleetwoord paid an undisclosed fee for Jamie Vardy from Halifax when they were at this level and he obviously continued to bang them in all the way to a Premier League title.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Gondoh. He obviously didn't get a lot of game time and must not have been settled to have been released early.

Anyway, boosh, a striker. Think that also cements the notion that London non-league is where the club is mostly looking for players, instead of cannibalising whatever jobbers get released by the teams around the Championship.

Ayr United Competitive goal scorers 2021/2022: Adeloye (14), Maxwell (6), Muirhead (4), Salkeld (2), Chalmers (2), Bradley (2), McKenzie (2), Reading (2), Ashford (2), McIroy (2), Fjortoft (2),  Murdoch (1),  O’Connor (1),  Afolabi (1), Baird (1), Moffat (1), McGinty (1), Bryden (1)

This was our goal scoring situation last season. It’s quite clear we need to add goals. Our 3 top goal scorers have all departed. From the players that are still here we only managed 11 goals. 

12 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Hope not , that is rank , nothing to do with supporting Ayr , just looks like a mish mash , our away top is much better than the home top in my opinion 

Is there any sign of some new adult leisurewear arriving in the shop soon? 

Most of the stuff in that section online is either older or on the way out with only the XXXL size left.

Has Stephen McGinn got a club yet? That’s the sitting midfielder that every club in this league needs.

I thought about him the other day but wasn’t really sure how much he still had to offer at this level.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Anyway, boosh, a striker. Think that also cements the notion that London non-league is where the club is mostly looking for players, instead of cannibalising whatever jobbers get released by the teams around the Championship.

This could be a good point, though I'm unsure whether having a backline of defenders signed from the English non-league would pay off.

Mind you, can't be worse than the shit show at the back last season.

Im going to look into defenders/defensive midfielders in the English non league, might be a few unpolished diamonds.

Says a lot about this new guy that he's willing to move his full family up from London, thank God he was not relocating from somewhere far away like Fife lol, looking forward to seeing him in the flesh his previous teams fans only seem to have good words for him.

12 hours ago, diege said:

I've been scratching my head at this Premiership player we're in for, looking at whos been released, Kevin McDonald as a player coach a possibilty?

Okay, he's not been released (as far as I know).......but....come on down Nicky Devlin.

I know. I wish.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe he will be deployed in an Ashford type position so there's still a chance with Tomi. Speaks well though hopefully it's not another Gondoh type situation.

Tomi is not signing. This guy is a straight replacement for him. Personally I would rather have retained Tomi as we know what we get from him. I still think there is a better player in him to emerge but it’s not going to be with us.

I think with tomi that he probably thinks he's better than he actually  is .it would for him make sense too sign for ayr again next season. Last season was the best hes ever had .im sure he will have another good season next year then maybe get a good move after that .

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You are fucking obsessed with gogic. How many times have you mentioned him in the last year? 

Once or twice mate , hardly a crime . Your tone is getting a bit tiresome best work on it most promptly .

1 minute ago, North British said:

Once or twice mate , hardly a crime . Your tone is getting a bit tiresome best work on it most promptly .

Btw didn’t mean to come across like that honestly. Apologies if it did I remember you talking about him before he went to st mirren and in January