The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It is a total mish mash. I like it but it has definitely split opinion in our support.

You can see why , it’s totally different so can also see why some people would like it , more likely the younger supporters , for us guys touching 60 maybe not so 

Edited by Finlay21

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Broaders brings his wife and kids to Killie games in their Killie gear, and has directed them away from the Old Scum. They makes him a top man in my opinion emoji460.png

Was this when he played for Killie.... Every player does that when they play for a club... Him and his whole family are staunch rangers fans from Drongan..... 

I had displeasure  of meeting him on a night out in Prestwick and....... Well I will just leave it there the guy is a total w**k basically..... 

He better not sign for us... 

I just hope we set a deadline for securing Tomi for pre season starting, as I feel his involvement in this will be very important for next season.

Starting late will not be a benefit

I've been stratching my head at this Premiership player we're in for, looking at whos been released, Kevin McDonald as a player coach a possibilty?

Jamie Murphy would be a coup, was Mathie involved with him signing for Hibs?

Edited by diege

3 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Was this when he played for Killie.... Every player does that when they play for a club... Him and his whole family are staunch rangers fans from Drongan..... 

I had displeasure  of meeting him on a night out in Prestwick and....... Well I will just leave it there the guy is a total w**k basically..... 

I used to see Kirk at the taxi rank at Tobi Zaxx quite regularly. To give him his dues, he seemed like a normal bloke. Even dropped me off on Holmston Road on his way to Drongan as we both tried to get in the same taxi. Wouldn’t take any cash.

That being said, I wouldn’t want his egg-splattered face anywhere near Somerset Park….

6 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Dipo has to be the happiest I’ve seen to be signing for Ayr in a long time and hats off to him for hauling what looks like a young family up there, hope it works out for all of them

That's what Ayr needs, Players that are happy to turn up every week for the club, rather than the bunch of half arsers such as Chalmers, we had last season.

8 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I know someone who lived near Broadfoot. I've heard some stories about him.

Apparently he's a complete creep.

8 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

know Scott Allan is totally unrealistic but mathie will know him from his time at hibs and again was just released 

Maybe Alec Gogic has finished his time at St Mirren ? Ex Hamilton and Hibs  . Just saying .

13 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Broaders brings his wife and kids to Killie games in their Killie gear, and has directed them away from the Old Scum. They makes him a top man in my opinion emoji460.png

eric-morecambe.gif

5 minutes ago, North British said:

Maybe Alec Gogic has finished his time at St Mirren ? Ex Hamilton and Hibs  . Just saying .

Certainly need someone with his type of aggression in the middle , Murdoch and Dempsey can do the fancy work we do need one for the tough play 

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Certainly need someone with his type of aggression in the middle , Murdoch and Dempsey can do the fancy work we do need one for the tough play 

I wouldn’t say that either Murdoch or Dempsey avoid the dirty work tbh...

It is a McInroy type creative player/goal scorer we need in there now IMO! 

Murdoch is a decent wee player glad he's resigned, don't think I could stick the word fancy to his game though, I really do think the boy Smith will have a far greater involvement this season than folk realise, I was hugely impressed with him 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I wouldn’t say that either Murdoch or Dempsey avoid the dirty work tbh...

It is a McInroy type creative player/goal scorer we need in there now IMO! 

Aye, I’d agree with this. You’ll struggle to get two better holding midfielders in this league than Murdoch and Dempsey on their day. It’s a attacking midfielder we need. Someone who is going to chip in with goals. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

ye, I’d agree with this. You’ll struggle to get two better holding midfielders in this league than Murdoch and Dempsey on their day. It’s a attacking midfielder we need. Someone who is going to chip in with goals. 

All about opinions but in mine neither Murdy or Ben are holders , in my book to quote Ally McLeod , they are buzzers or in today’s lingo box to box grafters . Need a unit behind them to mop up , smash people in the air and play out . We had a big farmer a couple of years ago that did this job pretty well . 

Kerr McInroy was a top player , maybe a luxury we can’t afford at the moment . We have to plug the leaks at the back and protect the back line with a holder . Again just my opinion .....

Aye, I’d agree with this. You’ll struggle to get two better holding midfielders in this league than Murdoch and Dempsey on their day. It’s a attacking midfielder we need. Someone who is going to chip in with goals. 
Exactly we need someone who can bag 5 to 10 goals and assists in midfield at the moment we have lost that with both McInroy and Maxwell, both Murdoch and Dempsey are excellent at what they do but Murdoch has never got more than a few a season and Dempsey doesn't have a senior goal to his name yet.

Having a complete shithouse sitting in front of the defence isn’t as common as it used to be. You don’t always need it so long as your midfielders are well-rounded enough. Murdoch is fine at getting in about things as long as he has decent players alongside him (i.e. not Joe Chalmers).