The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

Checked my source, no heard anything about Cuthbert. Broadfoot has an offer on the table. That Cooper boy is an option and the lad from Bristol City is still being pursued for a loan deal if Tomi is gone. I heard just there that Akinyemi was the main target for a forward but there was a lad from another London club in that league that was also looked at Allesimi or something. There's a bid tabled for an ex-Prem player but no idea who and they wouldn't mention lol

Reisse Alassani? We almost signed him under McCall on loan from Coventry but the deal fell through as he had already played for two teams. 

Recently left Dulwich Hamlet who play in the same league as Welling. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Reisse Alassani? We almost signed him under McCall on loan from Coventry but the deal fell through as he had already played for two teams. 

Recently left Dulwich Hamlet who play in the sea league as Welling. 

That's him aye, exciting player!

2 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

That's him aye, exciting player!

Yeah I think everyone was excited to see him up here only for it all not to happen as fw said above. Hope he has recovered from a ew bad injuries that hampered his progress otherwise I feel we could barely see him

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yeah I think everyone was excited to see him up here only for it all not to happen as fw said above. Hope he has recovered from a ew bad injuries that hampered his progress otherwise I feel we could barely see him

Aye this likely was a factor I feel, no idea what Akinyemi's injury history is like but he seems to have played fairly regularly over the last few seasons

Let's not kid ourselves on here, the Championship is a major step up from the National League South. Given that Dipo has signed a two year deal i am hoping that the club are confident he's able to make the step up.  

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Big gamble this for us for every Adeloye there are lots of Andre Wrights, Gondoh’s and Afolabi’s. I do trust our recruitment team but 6th tier in England is a huge risk.

Afolabi didn’t come from down south.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Afolabi didn’t come from down south.

He was with Southampton prior to moving to Celtic. Andre Wright also came from Bohemians in ROI however had been down south prior to that. 

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Big gamble this for us for every Adeloye there are lots of Andre Wrights, Gondoh’s and Afolabi’s. I do trust our recruitment team but 6th tier in England is a huge risk.

Tend to agree with that though it's more a reflection on what's available nearer to home that's any good and that hasn't already been snaffled by one of the ugly sisters or the hangers-on in the SPhell. If he can form an injury-free partnership with Ashford then it'll be fine. Still want Tomi to stay but I think I'm now resigned to us losing him to a higher league standard somewhere down south.

Posted this comment a long time ago but I do wonder about guys like Doohan and Kelly as they've both been warming benches for a while now - where would they be if they'd been getting regular Championship starts in all that time. Wasted potential, it seems to me.  

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

Tend to agree with that though it's more a reflection on what's available nearer to home that's any good and that hasn't already been snaffled by one of the ugly sisters or the hangers-on in the SPhell. If he can form an injury-free partnership with Ashford then it'll be fine. Still want Tomi to stay but I think I'm now resigned to us losing him to a higher league standard somewhere down south.

Posted this comment a long time ago but I do wonder about guys like Doohan and Kelly as they've both been warming benches for a while now - where would they be if they'd been getting regular Championship starts in all that time. Wasted potential, it seems to me.  

The thing about Tomi is no one is hearing rumours of any club showing big interest in him , even the Sun ( which is more often wrong than right ) just said possibly not returning to Ayr but gave no indication if any team looking to sign him 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He was with Southampton prior to moving to Celtic. Andre Wright also came from Bohemians in ROI however had been down south prior to that. 

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I was merely stating that bringing players from Ireland or non league England is a big gamble. Some work many don’t.

He had loan spells at Dunfermline and Dundee before us. Hardly an unknown quantity.

You have Ashford who’s done okay and Albinson as well who I’d say has been alright. It’s a gamble but we’ve made tonnes of shite signings from Scotland as well.

1 hour ago, southsiderayr said:

Checked my source, no heard anything about Cuthbert. Broadfoot has an offer on the table. That Cooper boy is an option and the lad from Bristol City is still being pursued for a loan deal if Tomi is gone. I heard just there that Akinyemi was the main target for a forward but there was a lad from another London club in that league that was also looked at Allesimi or something. There's a bid tabled for an ex-Prem player but no idea who and they wouldn't mention lol

I am almost certain at this moment in time Broadfoot does not have an offer on the table from Ayr  

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The thing about Tomi is no one is hearing rumours of any club showing big interest in him , even the Sun ( which is more often wrong than right ) just said possibly not returning to Ayr but gave no indication if any team looking to sign him 

Ye, he may be hoping his agent is doing more than just planting those rumours in the Sun.