The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was there not a Bristol City player we were linked with on here if Adeloye left? Sure it was only posted a few days ago.

A quick Google search on him was very promising, although he looked to have lost his way recently (ideal type for us probably).

It appeared that half the top clubs in England were tracking him a couple of years back but for whatever reason his form tailed off / progression slowed.

Another Shankland ? or another promising talent lost to the game ??

Who knows ???

I am guessing that plan B's wont be currently sitting in the car park waiting for a shout to come in and sign. Depends on how quickly the club can sound out available players and then get them in for talks if they are interested. 

Everyone is putting a lot of blind faith in the set-up assuming that players are identified and there is a plan in place. I think the rage may be more if they f**k it up this year than last seasons farce. 

They were hoping to have everyone in place for pre-season so they have another 10 days or so before anyone needs to panic. 

1 hour ago, grazza said:

Reckon they will have a major signing or two on the day or during the vision night

If the players aren’t brought into the bar one by one and made to down a pint of Moretti then I’m not interested. 

42 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope in a few months the new developments don't become a source of mockery like the hub did last season.

If the development night is all about the rebuilding of a hospitality suite that the majority of the support will never set foot in while there are still no goalscorers on the books then that definitely won't bode well.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope in a few months the new developments don't become a source of mockery like the hub did last season.

The only people mocking were ones with an agenda or short sighted individuals who can't understand that building an infrastructure with a long term strategy is MUCH more important than chucking a few grand at some 3rd rate lower level mercenary and his mates.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The only people mocking were ones with an agenda or short sighted individuals who can't understand that building an infrastructure with a long term strategy is MUCH more important than chucking a few grand at some 3rd rate lower level mercenary and his mates.

Totally agree 

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

To be fair, most of the mocking (myself included) was aimed at the fact that the Hub was occasionally being used as a convenient piece of spin while our playing squad was failing miserably and looked destined to take us back to League 1.

I doubt there was anyone who really disliked the idea of the hub. It is fair however, to say that while all attention is being drawn to the hub, we were seriously struggling on the pitch and looked in real danger.

In the end, we're still a championship club. So all is well for now.

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not that much more important, having all this infrastructure in place wouldn't have counted for much if we ended up in league 1 for possibly a long time. Staying in the Championship was just as important.

Wonder if McInroy deciding his future is elsewhere may change the tactics going forward, if he had signed then we would likely have went 4 3 3 with a midfield 3 of McInroy, Dempsey and Murdoch, could we maybe now see a proper 4 4 2 and bring in another winger with see Ashford and Tomi/?? Upfront my worry would be a lack of creativity in Murdoch and Dempsey.

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

To be fair, most of the mocking (myself included) was aimed at the fact that the Hub was occasionally being used as a convenient piece of spin while our playing squad was failing miserably and looked destined to take us back to League 1.

I doubt there was anyone who really disliked the idea of the hub. It is fair however, to say that while all attention is being drawn to the hub, we were seriously struggling on the pitch and looked in real danger.

In the end, we're still a championship club. So all is well for now.

Yep, after a summer of having to drag trivial information out the club like Season ticket info or what the home strip looked like, the playing side of the club was a fucking shambles and there was no sign of players coming in or changes being made. 

the week after defeats, the club broke its silence to publish pictures of a building site in a tone deaf social media output. 

Nothing to do with the hub its self, more the fact that it appeared that that was all that was important at the club at the time.