The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That Airdrie boy has taken losing his best player, manager and playoffs in the last 6months well hasn't he ,what with Sevco losing at the Great Seville drought he must be miserable, never mind son theirs always the auld German burd's Jubilee to celebrate ......dafty

I think I speak for every Thistle fan when I say that you are more than welcome to him.
His time with us has consisted of a goal against you guys, and lots of running about not achieving much. His work rate is very good, but his actual end product has been terrible. Granted, he’s spent a lot of time out of position, but even then when he’s played centrally he’s not done any better.
All that being the case, I think McCall likes him, and he won’t go unless/until we have a replacement sorted. 
Typical McCall being linked with a player for ages then signing him and playing him in the wrong position, if we had the player who was here before he left for the states most Ayr fans would welcome him with open arms, think there may be a bit of hard feelings with our chairman so can't see it happening either way.

That Airdrie boy has taken losing his best player, manager and playoffs in the last 6months well hasn't he ,what with Sevco losing at the Great Seville drought he must be miserable, never mind son theirs always the auld German burd's Jubilee to celebrate ......dafty

Maybe one of the normal ayr fans could translate this for me?

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

His time with us has consisted of ... lots of running about not achieving much. His work rate is very good, but his actual end product has been terrible. Granted, he’s spent a lot of time out of position 

Perfect fit for Bullenball

b25lY21zOmMzNzM0ZjVkLTZkYzYtNGY0Ni04MjU2LWI2ODViZmI3YzViYzozOWJiMTljOS1mZGZkLTQ4ZjAtYTY5ZS1mZWQ5YTk4NGUyOGM=.jpg

2 CBs

1 or 2 CM

Wide player 

2 strikers (If Tommi is off)

I think young Smith will possibly save us a midfielder, I've been hugely impressed by him, Moff is clearly meant for the reserves I wouldn't imagine we'll see much of him, although a decent cheerio would be good before his testimonial 

23 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

2 CBs

1 or 2 CM

Wide player 

2 strikers (If Tommi is off)

I think young Smith will possibly save us a midfielder, I've been hugely impressed by him, Moff is clearly meant for the reserves I wouldn't imagine we'll see much of him, although a decent cheerio would be good before his testimonial 

Do I have to spend another season watching Jordan Houston at RB.  Praying Nick McAllister comes good. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

If we end up losing Adeloye along with McInroy, then Yes, it will be a blow, however it's nothing like losing Shankland and Forrest and even Doc as far as I'm concerned. Muirhead is another one that I couldn't care less about leaving, he put in a shift and always gave his all but I think most would agree that he was limited and not going to take you "to the next level".

Both Adeloye and McInroy came in and did well for us but ultimately we narrowly avoided relegation in a league which was pretty mediocre to pathetic in terms of quality, so I'd say that speaks for itself.

A blow ? Yes, terminal ? certainly not !!

Dempsey and Murdoch are the bread and butter in the middle, although Mcinroy was certainly worth a few goals and of course is still improving, but hand on heart I really didn't think he was irreplaceable at this level.

On the other hand a fully fit and motivated Adeloye would be an absolute star in this league but despite the goals he scored he never looked fully fit and didn't always look completely motivated either, so probably frustrating would be the word. We always look back to the good games, but he also had some shockers for us as well, although I concede that the service was not always the best.

That said, I still hope he stays.

The bottom line for me is that we aren't bargain basement or cast off fishing any longer (as far as I'm aware), so with a decent budget, extensive research by our recruitment team and a competent CEO in charge, then I'd fully expect quality replacements to be brought in and whether or not we've actually heard of them or discussed them on here really shouldn't matter.

Let's be honest, how many were speculating about Adeloye, Dempsey or McInroy at this point last season, yet all came in and did pretty well for us, so there's definitely players out there who can improve the side without shopping around the Scottish Championship merry go round.

Adeloye gives me massive “actually has no options but agent telling the paper he does vibes” he’s known for 6 months his contract was up and never been credibly linked with a team apart from a french team doing a poll on strikers which he liked [emoji23].

Add that with him posting highlight reels. He was a complete no mark before he signed for us, had umpteen clubs plus also signed for East Kilbride before Covid hit. You would think spending another year with the first club he’s ever had a run with, scored goals and is liked would count for something.

7 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

You would think spending another year with the first club he’s ever had a run with, scored goals and is liked would count for something.

lol

Sad to see McInroy go, had hoped he would stay at Ayr but that's how it is sometimes.  Got to concentrate on finding a replacement and at least it's relatively early in the summer. 

The longer it's gone on that he hasn't signed, the more likely is that Adeloye will  be away.  If he goes, he goes.  If it's to play at a higher level, or for a bigger wage or to be closer at home they're all valid reasons.  It'd be pretty gutting if he went to a team in the same league for a wage similar wage to what we were offering, but if he is away elsewhere then we all just need to move on.  I'd love for him to stay, and it probably wouldn't do his career and development any harm to stay more than one season somewhere but as fans we never know the motives as to why players move on.  

Haha, well played. The point still stands however. 

Aye it does.

I think we’ll get two out and out centre backs and then maybe one that can also play RB. Houston is still injured anyway and will likely miss a chunk of preseason. In that case we’ll need someone who can at least get through the league cup games.

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Looking around at potential replacements for Adeloye, what about Moyo who has left Accies?  Big strong centre forward who Glendinning will know well.  Not sure who else will be in for him.

I suspect he’ll end up at a higher level than us. After all he got out of his Accies contract which was signed in the Premiership 

20 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I suspect he’ll end up at a higher level than us. After all he got out of his Accies contract which was signed in the Premiership 

He'd be ideal for this Ayr team. Strong and has pace. Maybe Glendinning could pull that rabbit out the hat.

Though I'd be more focused on getting Adeloye or a clone of him for the season coming. Mcinroy we can replace but Adeloye was a total game changer at times....

45 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Sad to see McInroy go, had hoped he would stay at Ayr but that's how it is sometimes.  Got to concentrate on finding a replacement and at least it's relatively early in the summer. 

The longer it's gone on that he hasn't signed, the more likely is that Adeloye will  be away.  If he goes, he goes.  If it's to play at a higher level, or for a bigger wage or to be closer at home they're all valid reasons.  It'd be pretty gutting if he went to a team in the same league for a wage similar wage to what we were offering, but if he is away elsewhere then we all just need to move on.  I'd love for him to stay, and it probably wouldn't do his career and development any harm to stay more than one season somewhere but as fans we never know the motives as to why players move on.  

I think this is part of the "disconnect" problem nowadays between players and fans and interfering agents. I totally get that players are looking out for themselves and their families etc by trying to get the best deal possible, however equally they shouldn't expect an easy ride by fans who they've more or less screwed over after using them as social media playthings.

You get the few like Alan Forrest who probably stayed longer than he needed / maybe should have, but I have nothing but respect for the guy and he always conducted himself so professionally, also guys like Shankland and Rose who are few and far between in the modern era and showed a large degree of gratitude ./ respect to the club, the Manager and of course the fans.

Doc's move left a bitter taste due to the way it came about and of course the Thistle / McCall aspect but ultimately he was a good servant to the club and was also a very good captain and ambassador by all accounts.

We then have guys like Cammy Smith, who, if the stories are true, pretty much screwed us over for a couple of quid and situations like Todorov who apparently reneged on what was pretty much a done deal.

As I say, it's changed days, footballers have short careers and they have their financial future to think about but it's a two way street and if acting like a mercenary is going to become the "norm" with little to no interest in the club or the fans, then I'm afraid it's going to be a pretty sharp downward spiral for us all......