The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

43 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Are we seriously ok with signing someone who think it's acceptable to call people "****** b*****ds"?

Not at all but there also seems to be some Ayr fans who feel comfortable using words like *** and orange b*****ds so where do you draw the line? 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not at all but there also seems to be some Ayr fans who feel comfortable using words like *** and orange b*****ds so where do you draw the line? 

Let’s also not forget to mention that song that some people still defend.

All wrong of course.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d be delighted with Kirk Broadfoot tbf. You don’t play 80 times for Rangers and get capped with Scotlandb if you aren’t a good player. 

Even a good player's ability and fitness decline with age. Broadfoot will 38 in August. 

If big Kirk is a done deal then his contract officially expires by tomorrow so could get that done and dusted. McInroys contract also expires tomorrow…

This is presuming that the club have been waiting for contracts to officially expire before getting deals announced. I’ve no idea why that would be the case but it’s a possibility.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If big Kirk is a done deal then his contract officially expires by tomorrow so could get that done and dusted. McInroys contract also expires tomorrow…

This is presuming that the club have been waiting for contracts to officially expire before getting deals announced. I’ve no idea why that would be the case but it’s a possibility.

Signings being lined up for the Vision Night if you ask me.

I saw Queen of the South announced a trio of signings today. Would be brilliant if we announced any signings the same way, or maybe more this week or next. Much better than dribs and drabs.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd rather people who think it's acceptable to use sectarian language fucked off and supported one of the Ugly Sisters.

Religion in general can get itself into the bin. I've not time for it.

31 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd rather people who think it's acceptable to use sectarian language fucked off and supported one of the Ugly Sisters.

Religion in general can get itself into the bin. I've not time for it.

Amen to that 😳

I googled the Broadfoot story as I remembered it happening but not the details. The first two articles are one from the Guardian reporting that the Daily Record had reported the story and described it as "abusive language" and asked why the same report almost word for word in the Mirror had described it as "sectarian language" 

The second article is from the daily record describing Broadfoot as the victim and that he hoped the record ban would not put off any potential employers. 

Before one the play-off games on the telly, Broadfoot didn't join in with the huddle that every single one of his team mates were doing. He just stood up on the edge of the circle. 

Football-wise I reckon he'd be a good signing, but given he's ex-Rangers and ex-Killie and the state our fans get themselves into, and that he is so dedicated to not doing anything even tangentially associated with Celtic, I'd rather we just didn't. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I googled the Broadfoot story as I remembered it happening but not the details. The first two articles are one from the Guardian reporting that the Daily Record had reported the story and described it as "abusive language" and asked why the same report almost word for word in the Mirror had described it as "sectarian language" 

The second article is from the daily record describing Broadfoot as the victim and that he hoped the record ban would not put off any potential employers. 

He used sectarian language to abuse James McLean and received a 10 game ban :lol:.

The McDermott article is a total puff piece as well.   Trash. 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He used sectarian language to abuse James McLean and received a 10 game ban :lol:.

The McDermott article is a total puff piece as well.   Trash. 

James McClean is a fucking weapon of the highest order.