The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Absolute nonsense on here about Adeloye, like the rest he's on holiday, I see Moffat hasn't resigned let's all get up to Mauchline with the pitch forks and harangue him........naw didn't think so ,calm down ffs 

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Absolute nonsense on here about Adeloye, like the rest he's on holiday, I see Moffat hasn't resigned let's all get up to Mauchline with the pitch forks and harangue him........naw didn't think so ,calm down ffs 

Plenty of sharpened pitchforks in Mauchline without us turning up 😆

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Care to elaborate?

Propped up the club beyond its means, signed players on £2k-£3k a week with no sustainable business. Left Ayr with a (if I recall correctly) £450k tax bill the next financial year meaning Cameron Sr had the tax bill from the Cup run season to pay plus the wages of some of the most expensive players in the clubs history. 

The club came to an arrangement to pay in instalments, leased the car park, the shop and the catering/hospitality to keep the club running which screwed us for about 10 years. 

We didn't screw the tax payer like another team not to far away. 

Maybe with Moffat he is looking to continue playing somewhere but stay on as a coach. Or his signing a new deal is a formality seen as they pretty much announced his new role about 3 months ago. 

I am guessing that players can sign contracts without physically being at the club nowadays. Adeloye could have signed by now but hasn't. He also hasn't snubbed a deal or is at least open to an offer meaning we can't be to far away. Or maybe he is waiting to see what happens with his mates at Rangers. Might not be as appealing if they get moves south again. 

Of the 39 leagues we scored last season only 8 were scored by players currently under contract. So out of Adeloye and McInroy, and without knowing who we’ll sign, it’s probably Adeloye that is more important to the current squad. However from a financial perspective a 2 yr deal (with a release clause) for McInroy is potentially the better investment.

If Adeloye’s current deal is up next Tuesday then that should be his deadline for signing. Last season was the first time since 2018 that he’s had a club on the 1st July and the first time in a while he’s finished the season at the same club he started. Add in the fact he played regularly and scored goals last season then we should be able to use that in our favour.

As for McInroy hopefully Dunfermline’s new city status pushes the house prices up and as a result he decides to move to a town closer to Ayr. Although being serious he was back at Celtic at the start of January and held off until deadline day before joining us so maybe he wanted to go anywhere but back to Airdrie at that point.

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If McInroy isn’t signing for us he’ll be going to a Fife club, most probably Raith

Depends on what happens with Brad Spencer. If he leaves then I would be surprised if Murray wasn’t in for McInroy. However, I’d imagine Spencer is the preferred option and if he signs a new contract, that would leave us with Spencer, Stanton, Matthews, Easton and Arnott as options for the middle of the pitch so we won’t be in for McInroy. 

20 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Of the 39 leagues we scored last season only 8 were scored by players currently under contract. So out of Adeloye and McInroy, and without knowing who we’ll sign, it’s probably Adeloye that is more important to the current squad. However from a financial perspective a 2 yr deal (with a release clause) for McInroy is potentially the better investment.

If Adeloye’s current deal is up next Tuesday then that should be his deadline for signing. Last season was the first time since 2018 that he’s had a club on the 1st July and the first time in a while he’s finished the season at the same club he started. Add in the fact he played regularly and scored goals last season then we should be able to use that in our favour.

As for McInroy hopefully Dunfermline’s new city status pushes the house prices up and as a result he decides to move to a town closer to Ayr. Although being serious he was back at Celtic at the start of January and held off until deadline day before joining us so maybe he wanted to go anywhere but back to Airdrie at that point.

There should be no reason why it’s one or the other. They play completely different positions? 

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I think the problem is (from a fans point of view) he’s clearly holding out for something else.

Imagine going to the Premier League finale and then Japan instead of sitting around in the Hub signing autographs!

Yes he's working his ticket, but moving 600 miles to the most dead town in Scotland was a gamble on his end as well as Ayr's. If he does move on, my only hope is that it isn't to someone else in the same league or (god forbid) the one below. if he stays, the hope is that he's put on a proper non-journeyman contract, which is the only way to get him to put down roots.

Edited by Thumper

At the end of the day this is what happens when you give out 1 year deals granted no one knew that Tomi would be a such a success and we would be desperate to hold on to him and given his previous history a 1 year deal made sence for both party's at the time, going forward though with us now giving out multi year deals hopefully we are not going to lose out players who kick on and might bring in a transfer fee.

If he wants to stay closer to home you would think that Raith would be his preferred destination but I think it will be glasgow as that's the best of both worlds for him Oueens Park look like they have money to burn and if he does not come back I would not be surprised to see him rocking up there unless McCall want to add another CM to his growing collection.