The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t think Easton would’ve been thought about. Good player but his age means that he’ll have no resale value and I think that’s something that the club will be looking at. Guys we can develop and sell or older pros who can come in and do a job for one or two seasons.

Didn’t you suggest Craig Sibbald a few weeks back when it was announced he was leaving Livingston? He’s only a year younger than Easton. 

Didn’t you suggest Craig Sibbald a few weeks back when it was announced he was leaving Livingston? He’s only a year younger than Easton. 

Aye but never for one minute did I think the club would go for him. I’d have taken Easton in a heartbeat but I don’t think Mathie or Bullen would’ve been looking at him.

That’s not to say that the club will ignore guys who are in their mid to late 20’s as we went out and signed Ashford. I just think the club will be looking at investments that they think can make them money further down the line.

See Tomi has shared the video he put up the other day on his insta story, wonder if the clubs due to announce something tomorrow?
Also see Dylan Easton has signed for Raith, can’t help but think he would have been our second choice behind McInroy

Don’t think easton would have fancied a relegation battle

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye but never for one minute did I think the club would go for him. I’d have taken Easton in a heartbeat but I don’t think Mathie or Bullen would’ve been looking at him.

That’s not to say that the club will ignore guys who are in their mid to late 20’s as we went out and signed Ashford. I just think the club will be looking at investments that they think can make them money further down the line.

I agree, I don’t think we’ll be looking at players like Sibbald sadly as much as I wish we would. 

The club seem insistent on focusing on players from down south and not willing to look up here for players. McInroy being the only exception since Mathie and Glendinning came in. 

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Don’t think easton would have fancied a relegation battle

McInroy certainly did. 

Suspect mcinroy was led by his parent club. Will be more revealing if he signs for you now he doesn’t have a contract with Celtic

Think you’ll find McInroy chose to sign for us in January. Celtic were obviously happy for it to happen but he had the final decision between ourselves, Airdrie and a couple of other clubs.

6 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Real petty if you did not come back because your dad was upset you got substituted early in a game 

I’ve read some pish on here during the season but if you think James isn’t coming back because I was pissed off he got subbed early in a local derby you’re way off the mark. It didn’t sour any relationships any of us have at Ayr 🙄. I’ll remember to show no emotion next season! James will make his own mind up where he plays next season and I’d expect will ask advice from me and the rest of the family as he progresses with his career and life just like we’ve supported him throughout his footballing life. Roasters! 🙄 

I’ve read some pish on here during the season but if you think James isn’t coming back because I was pissed off he got subbed early in a local derby you’re way off the mark. It didn’t sour any relationships any of us have at Ayr [emoji849]. I’ll remember to show no emotion next season! James will make his own mind up where he plays next season and I’d expect will ask advice from me and the rest of the family as he progresses with his career and life just like we’ve supported him throughout his footballing life. Roasters! [emoji849] 

Good choice for him not to sign for ayr. They are fucking pish

Think you’ll find McInroy chose to sign for us in January. Celtic were obviously happy for it to happen but he had the final decision between ourselves, Airdrie and a couple of other clubs.

Good that he told you that

14 minutes ago, Ayrhammy said:

I’ve read some pish on here during the season but if you think James isn’t coming back because I was pissed off he got subbed early in a local derby you’re way off the mark. It didn’t sour any relationships any of us have at Ayr 🙄. I’ll remember to show no emotion next season! James will make his own mind up where he plays next season and I’d expect will ask advice from me and the rest of the family as he progresses with his career and life just like we’ve supported him throughout his footballing life. Roasters! 🙄 

If you read the posts you will find out it was not my post that said relations had likely soured , so maybe you should look at who posted it and direct your rant to the right person 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, Ayrhammy said:

Yeah I know that. I’m just confirming there are no rifts and no issues with the club 🤷‍♂️

I know that , I have spoken to James at POTY and after that and know his feelings about the club and how he felt after the Kilmarnock game , certainly did not hamper him for the rest of the season 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, Ayrhammy said:

Yeah I know that. I’m just confirming there are no rifts and no issues with the club 🤷‍♂️

Cheers for confirming.  I didn’t actually say there were any rifts. I said I wouldn’t be surprised if there had given what happened in the derby.

FWIW, I’d be delighted if we could get him signed up for next season and beyond. 

Yeah I know that. I’m just confirming there are no rifts and no issues with the club [emoji2369]
The vast majority of us would be delighted to see him back, but if his future is away from Somerset good luck to him you can never say he gave less than 100% for club.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, Ayrhammy said:
Yeah I know that. I’m just confirming there are no rifts and no issues with the club emoji2369.png

The vast majority of us would be delighted to see him back, but if his future is away from Somerset good luck to him you can never say he gave less than 100% for club.

Cant think of many fans who would not welcome him back