The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The things I would most like to see, is firstly to somehow re-build/re-structure part of the main stand to be able to remove the pillars. Those are awful and really restrict the view no matter where you sit. There’s so many as well that you can’t avoid it. 

The second, would be to either put a roof on the NT, or build a new stand there. 

I, like many others, feel that it’s far easier to watch/follow a game when viewing from the side rather than behind either goal. To not have a stand on either side without a restricted view due to pillars, is really quite poor in this day and age.

The biggest no-no for me, and I pray it doesn’t happen, is for them to announce a plastic pitch. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

St Johnstone, QOS, Annan and Elgin in the league cup. Am I right in saying top seed is always at home to 2nd seed? 

Looking at last years fixtures it looks like you are correct 

Hopefully away to St Johnstone and Annan and home to QOS and Elgin , we got Elgin recently up there on a midweek night 

Edited by Finlay21

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I quite enjoy not having a roof on the NT, on a sunny day there is nowhere better to watch the football. I fully appreciate we don't have many sunny days but when we do it is glorious.

I'm sure I heard that there would be an "option" of retaining an open standing area outside at front of the new NT.

I also believe I heard something about a folding roof which could be rolled back in good weather with standing at front, seated area at rear and commercial / boxes etc along the back.

Who knows ? but this is Smiths game after all so I'm sure he'll know exactly what he's doing and I'm also sure he knows what the fans are asking for.

15 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Think it’s great what’s happening around the club . But need a decent team also and not much happening 

I think there will be loads happening with players  being offered contracts and talks taking place , I can’t see us being looking for players when team returns in 2 weeks 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I quite enjoy not having a roof on the NT, on a sunny day there is nowhere better to watch the football. I fully appreciate we don't have many sunny days but when we do it is glorious.

We're in the big leagues now. Get a retractable one.

Anyway, last few pages:

• Why the f**k is a Celtic youth player living in Fife? If I was in my early 20s and had gold-plated rottweiler money to spend I'd be right in the middle of Glasgow.
  • The single substantial reason for any rumoured moved to Partick if because of McCall's long list of previouses. However this has always covered players who he actually had himself beforehand. It's not that he thinks that playing for Ayr United magically makes a player better. It very frequently works the other way.
  • Talk of making the pitch plastic is utter madness. It's one of the best lawns in the country on its day. A plastic training complex makes much more sense.
  • I do hope all the people who expressed incredulity at the notion of handing out two- and three-year deals are now looking at the Adeloye situation with a bit of understanding. If a gamble for an unknown player does work out then you certainly don't want to immediately lose him for f**k all after having advertised him to all your competition.

45 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think there will be loads happening with players  being offered contracts and talks taking place , I can’t see us being looking for players when team returns in 2 weeks 

Team comes back on the 10th of June yeah? 

Signing around six players plus replacements for McInroy and Adeloye if they don't sign is a big ask in two weeks. 

Signing around six players plus replacements for McInroy and Adeloye if they don't sign is a big ask in two weeks. 
You would hope thats why we employed a head of recruitment, I'm sure Glendinning has a dossier of 1st 2nd and 3rd choice players for each position we need to fill.

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

You would hope thats why we employed a head of recruitment, I'm sure Glendinning has a dossier of 1st 2nd and 3rd choice players for each position we need to fill.

I would think exactly that , he will have been looking well before season ended 

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I am not sure about that , I remember only a couple of years back we announced 4/5 signings on the 1 day, we could currently have a number of players at the latter stage of the signing process 

Edited by Finlay21

I am not sure about that , I remember only a couple of years back we announced 4/5 signings on the 1 day 

Suppose if we’re hoovering up players from down South we can just lump them all in the same car and bring them up.

In all honesty I’d be happy if we started pre season needing only two or three additions.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Suppose if we’re hoovering up players from down South we can just lump them all in the same car and bring them up.

In all honesty I’d be happy if we started pre season needing only two or three additions.

I would be hoping we start with our intended squad 

I did notice Mathie saying in the AP that we don’t currently have any players on the books over the age of 30. He says that bringing in experience is something that they need to do this summer.

You don't win anything with kids as someone once said. 

We definitely need some experience in the squad. These guys make the difference when you are up against it and need a reaction. They can lift the younger guys and coach them through the game when they need it.

I'd love to have the equivalents of Bell, Geggan, Kerr, Higgins, Adams... every one of them a leader and several the club captains of their previous clubs. We need 2/3 of those types to fill the role. We had a good blend of experience and youth in 2017/18 & 2018/19.

So we have 15 currently signed players I have only included players with a first team appearance so none of the young guys who have just signed pro contracts I have not included Moff we still don't know his status, the oldest player we currently have is McGinty at 28 youngest is Bryden at 17 and the average age at the moment is 21

I know they're not my team but living in Troon, I see Troon FC are playing Kilmarnock Legends at 2pm on Saturday. Rumour has it that Gus MacPherson is to play.

Not that I'm saying any Ayr fan should come to sunny Troon's Portland park with pitchforks and bricks to launch, though I will be attending a Troon game with an Ayr shirt on, giving abuse to these DKB Has-beens 👍