The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

All based on 1 guy saying they are signing 

McInroy, Adeloye, McDaid and Kelly within next 10 days ???

And an Ayr fan at that... putting firmly into the "wind up" basket until confirmed otherwise 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

McCall’s talking about a loan midfielder for us, so I wouldn’t expect it to be McInroy - thought he was leaving Celtic?

We basically exclusively loan guys from Rangers anyway. 

Yes he has been released , Kelly would be a great loanee 

I see Thistle fans are expecting Adeloye and McInroy to sign for them next week, if true that’s a massive kick in the nuts to lose them both to McCall!

The guy that posted it on the Thistle thread is an Ayr fan, no? The one who only posted asking for square goes from Killie fans.

I was speaking to an Ayr United fan on Monday who told we were in for Adeloye. Haven't seen any other mention of it until that guy mentioned it on our thread, right enough. I think we're only signing one more midfielder and as has been mentioned it's a loan signing, so most likely Kelly IMO.

Ayrshire post saying our chances of keeping McInroy are slim , I think where he lives could be a deterrent, believe he lives in Fife so around 3 hrs travelling daily might not be suitable to him , I know he done it short term during loan but will he want to do it for 2 years ? 

Edited by Finlay21

34 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Ayrshire post saying our chances of keeping McInroy are slim , I think where he lives could be a deterrent, believe he lives in Fife so around 3 hrs travelling daily might not be suitable to him , I know he done it short term during loan but will he want to do it for 2 years ? 

Any mention of Tomi?

56 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I had heard McInroy was being linked with the Pars - though that’s not to say it will happen 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Ayrshire post saying our chances of keeping McInroy are slim , I think where he lives could be a deterrent, believe he lives in Fife so around 3 hrs travelling daily might not be suitable to him , 

We have players willing to relocate from all over the UK. His desire to live in Fife will considerably reduce his options.

A lot of non-central belt teams train in Glasgow. Means that players are only travelling to the club once a week, maybe.

McCall attracted a lot of players because we trained in Glasgow 2 days a week and Ayr 1. 

If McInroy stays in Fife then he’s maybe an hour to Glasgow or closer to two hours a day to Ayr. 4 hours travelling.

He could pick up a lesser wage and save money on travelling and sign for maybe 6 clubs before he’d be better off signing for Ayr. 

We either train in Glasgow and sign Scottish players or train in Ayr and rent accommodation for players from down south, taking our chances with Glasgow area based players.