The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Tickets will be available I believe to 22/23 season ticket holders first come first served , don’t know the capacity limit 

Been on and got mine. Really is a lot happening with the club now which is exciting. Hope we get good ST no.s to match the clubs ambition. I know myself and a friend or 2 getting one for the first time in years. 

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Plans for development to be unveiled to fans on June 9th at Somerset. 

Pretty nervous about this tbh.  Can see some terrible decision being made. 

1 minute ago, AllySloan said:
16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
Plans for development to be unveiled to fans on June 9th at Somerset. 

What's this about?

Night at Somerset where Smith will talk about re development of Somerset, Mathie will discuss the future vision of the club and Bullen will speak about Football plans.

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-vision-night

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Pretty nervous about this tbh.  Can see some terrible decision being made. 

I’ve heard stuff about north terrace re development and new hospitality which sounds good. I know folk like the NT the way it is, personally no a fan of it being uncovered. Everyone has their own preferences a suppose. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

I’ve heard stuff about north terrace re development and new hospitality which sounds good. I know folk like the NT the way it is, personally no a fan of it being uncovered. Everyone has their own preferences a suppose. 

Yeah that's what I'm thinking they'll do.  It's the only part of the ground I enjoy standing in tbh so a total pisser.  

34 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Been on and got mine. Really is a lot happening with the club now which is exciting. Hope we get good ST no.s to match the clubs ambition. I know myself and a friend or 2 getting one for the first time in years. 

Not got around to it yet but we're all definitely renewing over the next week or two.

Astro and new hospitality will be Smiths aims in the next 3-5 years probably.

Bullen being there means we’ll get a fair bit about the actual footballing matters. Back room staff, recruitment, that sort of thing. There won’t be an awful lot he can divulge but it’ll be interesting regardless.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Astro and new hospitality will be Smiths aims in the next 3-5 years probably.

Bullen being there means we’ll get a fair bit about the actual footballing matters. Back room staff, recruitment, that sort of thing. There won’t be an awful lot he can divulge but it’ll be interesting regardless.

Tickets going extremely fast !!! 

I've heard loads of rumours but I am pretty sure none of them are true as someone would have spotted land purchases or planning applications being snuck through. 

1. They have bought the land behind the railway end for a training pitch. Unless it is a 5's pitch, I don't think it's big enough. 

2. They are building a new stand at the North terrace. Access will be an issue, there are buildings and businesses behind it so it would have to be pretty small. 

3. Roofing the north terrace. possible but maybe the answer to a question no one has asked

4. A new training centre at Auchencruve.  No idea on that one but I doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Lot of hate on twitter and FB about it being ST holders first but surely if you are a ST holder which I'm not, you should get a wee extra like this every now and then.

Some folk cant afford a season in one go and end up paying more following Ayr than season ticket holders. 

Clubs value the up front payment and have to offer an incentive to do it. 

I have sympathy with some of the people complaining but can see why the club do it. 

Some folk cant afford a season in one go and end up paying more following Ayr than season ticket holders. 
Clubs value the up front payment and have to offer an incentive to do it. 
I have sympathy with some of the people complaining but can see why the club do it. 
Get that I'd struggle to outlay the almost £300 in one go I'm not saying the ST holders should get everything but they need to encourage ST holders some how

28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Get that I'd struggle to outlay the almost £300 in one go I'm not saying the ST holders should get everything but they need to encourage ST holders some how

Hopefully they address the instalment option soon as its eminently do-able.

Edit - It would be good if Aumedia are in attendance and could live stream the event for those who cannot attend.

Edited by Trogdor

If the club weren’t so reliant on the up front payments from ST then I believe they’d be all for fans paying it in instalments. As it is, most clubs at this level need that cash in the months of May, June and July in order to build their squad.

Once we become more self sufficient and have new ways of making cash so that we aren’t as reliant on season ticket sales then I think it’d be a possibility.

37 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I've heard loads of rumours but I am pretty sure none of them are true as someone would have spotted land purchases or planning applications being snuck through. 

1. They have bought the land behind the railway end for a training pitch. Unless it is a 5's pitch, I don't think it's big enough. 

2. They are building a new stand at the North terrace. Access will be an issue, there are buildings and businesses behind it so it would have to be pretty small. 

3. Roofing the north terrace. possible but maybe the answer to a question no one has asked

4. A new training centre at Auchencruve.  No idea on that one but I doubt it. 

I would think a new hospitality suite would be more than likely, I believe there is room for a training pitch which could be shared with the Academy ,