The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t think we’ll be keeping McInroy unfortunately. I believe he’d have to turn down significantly more money elsewhere to stay with us.

He will be probably be the biggest loss of our whole squad. There were times towards the end of the season where it looked like our only tactic was to shitfest it and hope he popped up with a goal which he did on more than one occasion. 

13 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t think we’ll be keeping McInroy unfortunately. I believe he’d have to turn down significantly more money elsewhere to stay with us.

Lawrence Shankland decided to stay an extra year with Ayr in 2018-19 when he was 22 and would have been offered more money to go elsewhere. During that extra year with Ayr, Shankland scored 34 goals and went on the following year to excel in the Premier League with another club and to eventually play for Scotland.

McInroy could decide that his best option is to stay with Ayr in 2022-23, where he knows the players and coaching staff, and then move on when the offers come in for the 2023-24 season.

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I would personally be more worries about losing Adeloye.  He is where our goals have came from, the most since Shankland and Moore have left, where do we look to replace that?

I'd agree with this as despite me wanting McInroy to stay and also acknowledging that he scored some very big goals for us, I think he's being built up to be better than he actually is.

Did we control games from the middle of the park ? I'd say not, did he drift out of games quite often ? I'd say definitely. Were his deliveries from set pieces as good as you'd expect ? Again I'd say not.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from the current generation of footballers but McInroy while "good" isn't what I'd call "great" or someone who makes or breaks your season and he most definitely lacks the pace required to make it at a high level in the modern game.

Again though, I'd reiterate that I'd take him back in a minute if within our current wage structure.

I'd agree with this as despite me wanting McInroy to stay and also acknowledging that he scored some very big goals for us, I think he's being built up to be better than he actually is.
Did we control games from the middle of the park ? I'd say not, did he drift out of games quite often ? I'd say definitely. Were his deliveries from set pieces as good as you'd expect ? Again I'd say not.
Maybe I'm expecting too much from the current generation of footballers but McInroy while "good" isn't what I'd call "great" or someone who makes or breaks your season and he most definitely lacks the pace required to make it at a high level in the modern game.
Again though, I'd reiterate that I'd take him back in a minute if within our current wage structure.

There were a handful of games where we simply ran over the top of other teams due to our midfield of McInroy, Dempsey and Murdoch. People will say that we won’t be able to replace Adeloye but it’s safe to say we won’t be able to get a better midfielder than McInroy.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

League cup draw tomorrow for the newly unregionalised groups. Who we hoping for?

Aberdeen, Buckie Thistle, Kelty. In other words, grounds I haven't seen Ayr play at.

Add Bonnyrigg. Forgot about them.

Edited by RedEd

McInroy is good player with stacks of potential no doubt but I'm not even sure he'd be the best midfielder out of Murdoch, Dempsey and McInroy. 

I want to keep him but he's by no means irreplaceable. Replacing Tomi and his goals would be harder.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

League cup draw tomorrow for the newly unregionalised groups. Who we hoping for?

With the amount of lengthy away days next season I wouldn’t of minded it being regionalised again this year. 

As per every cup draw I’d just like to avoid teams who are in our league. Not even sure if that’s possible as I’ve not seen the seeding. 

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With the amount of lengthy away days next season I wouldn’t of minded it being regionalised again this year. 

As per every cup draw I’d just like to avoid teams who are in our league. Not even sure if that’s possible as I’ve not seen the seeding. 

Its been done on League positions so we could get Dundee from Pot 1 and  Cove / QP from Pot 3

McInroy is a work in progress, he does some things really well but one of the things he doesn’t do well is a final ball. He needs his next move to be to a team that would allow him to develop and maybe advance to a bigger club from there. 
Ayr would be a good club for him to move to but so would half the premier league clubs currently. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a Motherwell or Livingston next year. 

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McInroy is a work in progress, he does some things really well but one of the things he doesn’t do well is a final ball. He needs his next move to be to a team that would allow him to develop and maybe advance to a bigger club from there. 
Ayr would be a good club for him to move to but so would half the premier league clubs currently. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a Motherwell or Livingston next year. 

Oh well, I'm sure we'll know one way or another in the next week or so.

4 minutes ago, AllySloan said:
6 minutes ago, RedEd said:
Disappointed there was no imminent for this announcement emoji3.png
https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/tuesday-trio-of-signings

Think if they'd use the "imminent", people would have assumed it was Adeloye or McInroy

They would. Their reaction would've given me a chuckle though. 

Edited by RedEd

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

They would. Their reaction would've given me a chuckle though. 

Good to see the young boys getting a chance, for too long our youth players were being ignored while we brought in sub standard boys from elsewhere.

Hopefully they'll all be integrated in to a winning team !!!

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Plans for development to be unveiled to fans on June 9th at Somerset. 

Tickets will be available I believe to 22/23 season ticket holders first come first served , don’t know the capacity limit