The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

This could be taken a number of ways but I'm going for he's staying.

I doubt he'd accept almost every award going at Ayr over the season, to then put a video like that up for him to disappear to another team. Confident Tomi is staying. He's been an integral part of this team and the fans love him.

If the video was of him showing 'progress' then he should be a much better player (For Ayr) in the coming season 😊👍

I’d be delighted to get him signed up but I am far, far more interested in what McInroy is doing. There’s been no hint whatsoever that he’s coming or going and he’s the one player I’m desperate for us to keep.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be delighted to get him signed up but I am far, far more interested in what McInroy is doing. There’s been no hint whatsoever that he’s coming or going and he’s the one player I’m desperate for us to keep.

I tend to agree with you and always thought he would be the harder of the 2 main targets to get signed up.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s done enough to get a move to the premiership and if he goes to any championship club I think it’ll be us. My only fear is some no mark English team like MK Dons chuck cash at him. 

According to transfer market his contract with Celtic expires on the 31st, doubt we will hear much until then or Celtic release there list of players leaving.

Has the Broadfoot rumour got any mileage to it? I remember him saying last season that he’d love to stay in Ayrshire as his family are settled here but he couldn’t see Ayr wanting to sign him.

I’ve just posted on the Caley forum saying that I think it’s a stick on that he signs for us. He’s late 30s, got one more season in him probably and as you say, would like to get back home. He’s become a figure of ridicule but taking that away he’s had a solid career and being a mainstay in a side that got to the playoff final says that he’s still got something to offer at this level. He’s also got the kind of experience we should be looking for.

Watch him sign for Darvel now.

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Has the Broadfoot rumour got any mileage to it? I remember him saying last season that he’d love to stay in Ayrshire as his family are settled here but he couldn’t see Ayr wanting to sign him.

He was interviewed after the game tonight and said if he decides to continue it’ll be with a club closer to home. 

Reckon Tomi could've trimmed thirty seconds off that video if he had a better editor. It did include almost all of the best bits of last season though. Just need to add McInroy's goal against Hamilton and the two from rugby park and we're pretty much there.

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think we’ll be keeping McInroy unfortunately. I believe he’d have to turn down significantly more money elsewhere to stay with us.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s played one season and it was hardly horrific. If you actually look back in past seasons Shankland, Dobbie and maybe Cummings are the only strikers to have scored a significant amount of goals in this league. We’re probably not going to sign anyone capable of scoring more than 8-12 goals in this league.

Tomi only played 66% of the minutes available. Get close to a full season out of him and he should be 16/17 league goals. Get a better team around him serving up chances and he could get to 20 goals.

Let's hope he signs on the dotted line. Decent strikers with a goal every 180 mins/2 games are hard to come by.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve been a keen supporter of Jadran Dekani for a few years now and they are no mugs. Their manager Alen Ščulac is set for big things.

Not an ideal end to the season for Pesjani but they'll come back ready to go again.  

Hopefully not at the expense of my beloved Ilirija and our Marko Babić revolution.