The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I think we need to start aiming higher than cast offs or squad players from our direct opponents, I'd much rather risk an unknown foreigner or League 2 / non league Englander than go for someone who we already know of their limitations as it were.

2 years ago that is what Poplatnik was, which highlights the issue that any realistic targets for us in the foreign market will likely have some sort of black mark against them whether it be numerous clubs, a dud loan spell or a lack of goals at a high level.

If we offer ourselves as a stepping stone for younger players then it offers a higher reward but also carries a higher risk that they won't settle, potential language barrier, don't suite Scottish football or just aren't very good.

As for filling our team with a bunch of players from down South, I'd say 18/19 Falkirk is a warning for anyone choosing to go down that route.

2 years ago that is what Poplatnik was, which highlights the issue that any realistic targets for us in the foreign market will likely have some sort of black mark against them whether it be numerous clubs, a dud loan spell or a lack of goals at a high level.
If we offer ourselves as a stepping stone for younger players then it offers a higher reward but also carries a higher risk that they won't settle, potential language barrier, don't suite Scottish football or just aren't very good.
As for filling our team with a bunch of players from down South, I'd say 18/19 Falkirk is a warning for anyone choosing to go down that route.

Aye and it’s also something that Mathie and Glendinning have said they won’t do. I’m fine with the odd gamble provided they are the right age but I can’t stress how much we need experience at this level and above in key areas.

Interested in more of the takes on the Slovenian 2nd tier, saying it's on a par with the juniors suggests there's some knowledge of the two leagues here. 

Might just be me but I'd probably fancy Triglav against Blairgowrie tbh. 

Interested in more of the takes on the Slovenian 2nd tier, saying it's on a par with the juniors suggests there's some knowledge of the two leagues here. 
Might just be me but I'd probably fancy Triglav against Blairgowrie tbh. 

I’ve been a keen supporter of Jadran Dekani for a few years now and they are no mugs. Their manager Alen Ščulac is set for big things.

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye and it’s also something that Mathie and Glendinning have said they won’t do. I’m fine with the odd gamble provided they are the right age but I can’t stress how much we need experience at this level and above in key areas.

Jury’s still out on Glendinning for me but I’m willing to accept he had a short time to work in January. You’d hope for the summer if we do operate mainly in the English market that we learn from the experience from Gondoh and Rowe not working out and things like length of time at previous clubs and injury records are considered if we were handing out 2 year deals to new signings.

Would be good to hear from Bullen at some point and see if he favours 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 for next season to give us a better idea of what we need exactly.

Tomi's posted a video on Instagram... can't tell if it's a highlight reel to get a move elsewhere, a thank you or a more to come video

To me it looks more like he’s staying. Hopefully get Adeloye and McInroy sorted this week.

5 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

Tomi's posted a video on Instagram... can't tell if it's a highlight reel to get a move elsewhere, a thank you or a more to come video

Just watched it myself, and I think it cleverly covers all bases to be fair.

Surely if he wasn’t signing it would be a thank you for the season type tweet? 90% sure he’ll sign and it’ll be tweeted into the part 2 of his tweet after the Thistie game. Well that’s what I’m clinging on to!