The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Houston seems to be improving the longer time passes since our last game. He's not good enough neither is Foster.

A new right back is essential for me, McAllister isn't the answer either. I'd play Hewitt there ahead of either of them tbh and he's not played in defence for a couple of seasons.

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Houston seems to be improving the longer time passes since our last game. He's not good enough neither is Foster.

A new right back is essential for me, McAllister isn't the answer either. I'd play Hewitt there ahead of either of them tbh and he's not played in defence for a couple of seasons.

This. Positionally awful and when he shares the flank with Mackenzie we'd be as well just not playing anyone there. No idea what happened to the lad on loan from Rangers, that early promise has long gone. 

56 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

No idea what happened to the lad on loan from Rangers, that early promise has long gone. 

I'll take a wild guess at playing hoofball for a succession of clueless dinosaur coaches. Maybe working with someone who knows how to develop, nurture and coach young players might help. 

He was excellent up at Inverness, also Dunfermline before injury, he'll kick on without the extremely ordinary McKenzie in front of him, on McKenzie he must be put out on loan to possibly kick on, but I doubt he's anywhere near the quality we require, good lad and great attitude tbf.

I see Hearts' plan to strengthen for Europe is apparently to sign Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland. So do we feel good that these talents the club nurtured are viewed at that level or disappointed we didn't achieve more while we had them?

2 hours ago, yorkshirepud said:

I'll take a wild guess at playing hoofball for a succession of clueless dinosaur coaches. Maybe working with someone who knows how to develop, nurture and coach young players might help. 

Maybe is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

I see Hearts' plan to strengthen for Europe is apparently to sign Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland. So do we feel good that these talents the club nurtured are viewed at that level or disappointed we didn't achieve more while we had them?

More annoyed that we rarely got Forrest and Shankland in the same team. Forrest had injury troubles in the two seasons Shankland was here and when you look at what he did in his final season I think the pair of them playing together consistently would’ve been frightening.

4 hours ago, Iain said:

Shankland really we did well to get him that last year.  The club being in position now to offer 2-3 years is better situation though would expect Shankland and agent would realistically want a release clause for a lower end 6 figure sum if we were in position to offer that at the time. 

Don't know if this will have any effect on us, but,

• Burnley have suffered a major setback with the club's academy set to lose its category one status.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

• Burnley have suffered a major setback with the club's academy set to lose its category one status.

Yeah, will cause Ayr a massive setback with the numerous loans they were getting from Burnley.

9 hours ago, Iain said:

Disappointed we're not getting any financial benefits from these moves in the way of sell on clauses, those small amounts are still invaluable to the likes of us

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Oh no. How will we cope?