The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’d dragged us up to the playoffs then I could understand it but we’ve only really had the one purple patch under him and a couple good results outside that. Absolutely nothing says that he’d be a good appointment for Dunfermline yet.

Ignore him. No doubting there is more to come but he just regurgitates rumours posted elsewhere and his “breaking news” consists of stuff already confirmed somewhere else.

Posting “more to come from Ayr” while we sit here in May ain’t the boldest of predictions either.

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
51 minutes ago, North British said:
Can’t be 100% sure but looked like Richard Foster ......Driving in as I was driving out ....

Do season ticket holders get a free ticket for Amy Mcdonald concerts if he signs?

Haven't we suffered enough recently?

Foster was a decent player in his day, coming in to Ayr to maybe do some coaching as a senior player and be back up to Houston. maybe. 

To come in as a first team player? No. Absolutely not. 

He'll be either at a League 1 full time team or even part time. 

Predjudice over ability with that comment. Houston is average league one at best

And Foster isn’t? He’s completely finished at this level and has umpteen amounts of baggage. Not worth signing him at all.

Foster is a far better footballer than Jordan Houston and not sure why that’s even up for debate. I wouldn’t be keen on signing him though. 

I’m not even sure what evidence there is that he’s “far better”? He was utterly rancid for the last six months at Thistle. Houston at least has a chance to improve when we aren’t shoving Mark McKenzie in front of him. I’d much rather we went out and signed someone who can play right back and centre back, who maybe doesn’t go forward as much to allow Reading to get forward more.

I’m not even sure what evidence there is that he’s “far better”? He was utterly rancid for the last six months at Thistle. Houston at least has a chance to improve when we aren’t shoving Mark McKenzie in front of him. I’d much rather we went out and signed someone who can play right back and centre back, who maybe doesn’t go forward as much to allow Reading to get forward more.
This if we put some one decent in front of Houston I think we will see a big difference McKenzie and Houston on the right was a disaster and as soon as McKenzie dropped out we looked better.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
34 minutes ago, D said:

This if we put some one decent in front of Houston I think we will see a big difference McKenzie and Houston on the right was a disaster and as soon as McKenzie dropped out we looked better.

Houston has been a bomb scare all season regardless of who is in front of him.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, D said:

100%