The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Cheers. Bought a ST for first time on the new system, just collect the card and voucher in the shop? 

Yes , ticket will come in around 3/4 weeks , collect voucher anytime , you were one of the first people to buy a ticket 

Edit 

well done just checked you were first fan to buy a 22/23 season ticket 

Edited by Finlay21

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes , ticket will come in around 3/4 weeks , collect voucher anytime , you were one of the first people to buy a ticket 

Edit 

well done just checked you were first fan to buy a 22/23 season ticket 

Superb cheers! Get an extra voucher for the privilege? :thumsup2

25 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Superb cheers! Get an extra voucher for the privilege? :thumsup2

Ayr United's #1 Fan of the 2022/2023 season...you should be getting a seat in the directors box for the opening game :lol: 

One of the things that hasn't really been mentioned is that when Bullen came in he was pretty much having to play a "damage limitation" sort of game given our league position and low confidence, there's no doubt whatsoever that the players responded and the arrivals of Ashford and Dempsey definitely improved the team greatly.

What I'm trying to say is that it will be very interesting to see this team perform given a blank canvas and hopefully the ability to be more open and expansive in our play at the start of a season, rather than trying to play catch up and grind out results to stay in the league.

Reading is much better player with the likes of O'Connor ahead of him and those two on the front foot will definitely cause teams problems, on the other side Ashford is very capable playing wide right and offers lots both in terms of his hold up play, running power and also his tracking back but of course the jury is still out on both our current FB's so a new addition wouldn't be the worst option in the world.

Midfield is already looking good with Dempsey& Murdoch both quality starters and young Paul Smith already looks a really exciting prospect. If we could get McInroy or another goal scoring playmaker type (not easy I grant you) then we're looking pretty much sorted in that area with maybe another for cover (if available).

Up top is where we really need to be making 2 signings minimum with Adeloye and another "unknown" goalscorer required with Bryden being broken in gently (preferably in a winning team creating chances).

Other than that, 2 CB'S with at least one of them a Captain / Father figure type is a must and one who can pass a ball out from the back would also be a requirement.

All in all though, I think we're in a pretty good place at the moment and certainly MUCH further ahead of where we've been in previous seasons so just need a wee bit more signing news to brighten up our Friday !!!

I see Bullen is listed by McBookie fairly highly up in the list of possible Dunfermline managers.   I actually saw a message from a Pars fan a week or so ago saying Bullen was going there but I took it as nonsense as: A - we have been letting him dish out long term contracts and he seems pretty tight with Smith and Mathie  B - Yogi hadn't actually been 'resigned' at that stage and C - he doesn't actually have any track record of success as such yet (although they did appoint Peter Grant). 

Screenshot_20220520-144328_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Hursty

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I see Bullen is listed by McBookie fairly highly up in the list of possible Dunfermline managers.   I actually saw a message from a Pars fan a week or so ago saying Bullen was going there but I took it as nonsense as: A - we have been letting him dish out long term contracts,  B - Yogi hadn't actually been 'resigned' at that stage and C - he doesn't actually have any track record of success as such yet (although they did appoint Peter Grant). 

Screenshot_20220520-144328_Twitter.jpg

McBookie seem to make their shortlists up from social media.  Someone may well have said that they'd like Bullen and they'll stick it on with some odds knowing fine well it's nigh-on impossible chance it'll happen.  

I reckon you could get them to stick Elvis on their manager odds if it was re-tweeted enough. 

Edited by super_carson

Not a chance Bullen will be in the running for the job. In saying that, if on the off chance he was to go I wouldn’t be overly fussed. Our continuity is coming from Mathie and as long as he’s here I won’t be getting worried about managers moving on.

I should stress though that I think it was a wind up by the Dunfermline fan and Bullen will be here next season.

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Someone may well have said that they'd like Bullen and they'll stick it on with some odds knowing fine well it's nigh-on impossible chance it'll happen.  

Might not even have needed that - ex player and currently managing at a similar level maybe all it needs

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not a chance Bullen will be in the running for the job. In saying that, if on the off chance he was to go I wouldn’t be overly fussed. Our continuity is coming from Mathie and as long as he’s here I won’t be getting worried about managers moving on.

I should stress though that I think it was a wind up by the Dunfermline fan and Bullen will be here next season.

By all accounts he's really enjoying being at Ayr, he's really enjoying working with Mathie and Glendinning and he's basically being given full backing from Smith plus the promise of being heavily involved in an ambitious project.

Surely only an idiot would leave that type of security to go and join a basket case of a club in a lower league ??

Apart from that, would Dunfermline even be in a position to pay us the compensation ??

By all accounts he's really enjoying being at Ayr, he's really enjoying working with Mathie and Glendinning and he's basically being given full backing from Smith plus the promise of being heavily involved in an ambitious project.
Surely only an idiot would leave that type of security to go and join a basket case of a club in a lower league ??
Apart from that, would Dunfermline even be in a position to pay us the compensation ??

Well aye but he’s also got an emotional connection to Dunfermline that doesn’t exist at Ayr. Same with McCall and Thistle. Dunfermline would probably fork out the money if they thought he was the right man.

It’s a moot point though as I cannot for the life of me see why they’d even consider him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Well aye but he’s also got an emotional connection to Dunfermline that doesn’t exist at Ayr. Same with McCall and Thistle. Dunfermline would probably fork out the money if they thought he was the right man.

It’s a moot point though as I cannot for the life of me see why they’d even consider him.

Yeah a club that has struggled to find a decent manager in recent times are now interested in an ex player with a few months first team experience. What could possibly go wrong for either side

Yeah a club that has struggled to find a decent manager in recent times are now interested in an ex player with a few months first team experience. What could possibly go wrong for either side

If he’d dragged us up to the playoffs then I could understand it but we’ve only really had the one purple patch under him and a couple good results outside that. Absolutely nothing says that he’d be a good appointment for Dunfermline yet.
EAA77BF0-2ABD-4260-80AB-0BEC40735C6B.jpeg.b22ab3cb5b1b9c972bd1f09ebea2fee9.jpeg

Ignore him. No doubting there is more to come but he just regurgitates rumours posted elsewhere and his “breaking news” consists of stuff already confirmed somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’d dragged us up to the playoffs then I could understand it but we’ve only really had the one purple patch under him and a couple good results outside that. Absolutely nothing says that he’d be a good appointment for Dunfermline yet.

Ignore him. No doubting there is more to come but he just regurgitates rumours posted elsewhere and his “breaking news” consists of stuff already confirmed somewhere else.

image.gif.470a8898c27ea1f3f0744af7d76ff324.gif