The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Play-offs haven’t finished yet so I’m not desperate for news on new signings. Once other teams round about start announcing names that indicate their intent for the following year is normally when you start to get concerned. 
It would be nice to have 1-2 in the new kits for the launch at the start of June though. 

I was thinking that maybe we are just not announcing new signings due to the fact we cant officially register players until the window opens (or sign them if they are still under contract) and maybe we were waiting till then, then I remembered we had already announced Dempsey signing!

Next window opens 9th June so thats probably when a lot of the action will start

I think a lot of the signings this season will be along the similar lines as Dempsey and Kenyon, an initial who? Then a Google to see their background. Takes the excitement out of new signings a bit because there isn’t the immediate knowledge that you have signed a player you know is capable of doing a job.

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think a lot of the signings this season will be along the similar lines as Dempsey and Kenyon, an initial who? Then a Google to see their background. Takes the excitement out of new signings a bit because there isn’t the immediate knowledge that you have signed a player you know is capable of doing a job.

You could argue that the "google" search takes the excitement away when it DOES have lots of data.

I much preferred it years ago when you could make a fair judgement call on what the guy did in front of you as opposed to rumours, past performances elsewhere and debate over what teams, leagues and levels were deemed better or worse than our own.

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The ones we've signed over the past years have been the opposite tbf.

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The ones we've signed over the past years have been the opposite tbf.

I meant the likes of Geggan, Moffat, Cammy Smith…even Muirhead etc, you knew they would benefit the team, even Hopkins Morton obsession you knew McAdams was a decent goalkeeper.

The rest of his signings, aye, fair enough 

46 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll not have a bad word said against him. He scored a barrel load of goals for me in Football Manager.

Snap! Him and Cameron Salkeld!

Mind you, I won the Champions league with an Ayr team that had Michael Moffat in Attack, who had scored 27 goals in the competition.

Very realistic 😂

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nothing brings a smile to my face more than *** tears. Especially the children. Hope they’re fucking miserable.

I told my boy that the white team was Ayr. He was ecstatic 😂 

I Wonder how the poor little brainwashed mites got the days off school for that 🤔

Edited by Roxanne's man