The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Not trolling just think it might be a bit much for some and the way things are. Don't usually buy a season myself though.

The trolling reference was when I had a good rant about season ticket prices two seasons ago before eventually buying one!

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Baird has signed for Morton

You'd like to think that means he was getting significantly reduced terms on his Ayr offer then. Morten fans right now are unanimous that they don't have a pot to piss in.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've saw nothing from Dempsey to justify a 3 year deal.

A three year deal shouldn't be remotely concerning for a proper football club. The default should be that everyone is under contract for at least two seasons, instead of losing three quarters of your team for nothing every year. Look at how quickly McCall's last team was stripped for parts, earning Ayr United the square root of f**k all.

32 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Doesn't really say much in it on the playing or business side, mostly about community initiatives .

I am not sure saying that we have benchmarked the price of season tickets and that is why the price has went up is the right thing to say. Maybe saying increased costs have hit the club and they have to adjust the price accordingly or something like that. 

I am not able to go to many of the home games because of work and my location (Grangemouth), I can only justify a season ticket if the games are streamed. Finlay 21 do you know if this is the case or not? I have seen another ask the same question.

8 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

I am not able to go to many of the home games because of work and my location (Grangemouth), I can only justify a season ticket if the games are streamed. Finlay 21 do you know if this is the case or not? I have seen another ask the same question.

Not 100% sure but I have heard that SPFL are saying games can’t be streamed due to lifting of all covid restrictions, but nothing official has come out yet , I have put the question into the team as I will be selling tickets tomorrow and need the answer , will post as soon as I get reply 

We hope to be able to provide a streaming service for matches next season. Unfortunately, we are currently not in a position to confirm.Still awaiting any official announcement from the league 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not 100% sure but I have heard that SPFL are saying games can’t be streamed due to lifting of all covid restrictions, but nothing official has come out yet 

That would be a real pity. For many of us with work commitments the streaming services (however variable the quality!) give us an opportunity to watch games live that we otherwise wouldn't have.

I don't understand why the SPFL would do this - surely this just gives an additional revenue stream for clubs? It's not as if any broadcaster is looking to purchase the rights to show matches live on Saturdays. Unless the SPFL is planning to replace the current arrangements with an alternative provider this just seems to be a retrograde step for both fans and clubs.

1 minute ago, rgreig said:

It's not as if any broadcaster is looking to purchase the rights to show matches live on Saturdays.

It was rumoured there was a company looking to cover all streaming giving SPFL a fee for the rights ( not heard anymore since it was rumoured around 6 weeks ago) 

6 minutes ago, rgreig said:

That would be a real pity. For many of us with work commitments the streaming services (however variable the quality!) give us an opportunity to watch games live that we otherwise wouldn't have.

I don't understand why the SPFL would do this - surely this just gives an additional revenue stream for clubs? It's not as if any broadcaster is looking to purchase the rights to show matches live on Saturdays. Unless the SPFL is planning to replace the current arrangements with an alternative provider this just seems to be a retrograde step for both fans and clubs.

It wouldn't be an SPFL decision. It would be the resumption of Uefa Article 48 which covers broadcast blackout hours (which was suspended during covid). It is expected that these rules will be coming back into force.

In the UK, the blocked hours cover 3pm Saturday games.

Streaming is likely to be allowed for overseas fans but not domestic.

Notice he says it’ll be a bit of smaller squad next season so I’d imagine one of our centre backs might also double up as a right back.

So long as we don’t simply recruit guys that are Jack of all trades, master of none I’ll be fine with this approach. We need at least two out and out centre backs if that’s the case and one out and out striker.

Notice he says it’ll be a bit of smaller squad next season so I’d imagine one of our centre backs might also double up as a right back.

So long as we don’t simply recruit guys that are Jack of all trades, master of none I’ll be fine with this approach. We need at least two out and out centre backs if that’s the case and one out and out striker.

Hewitt was a right back at youth level granted most of his performances in the first team have been center mid and McAllister is a RB maybe with those two plus Houston Bullen feels we have enough to cover and just need two natural center backs.

22 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not 100% sure but I have heard that SPFL are saying games can’t be streamed due to lifting of all covid restrictions, but nothing official has come out yet , I have put the question into the team as I will be selling tickets tomorrow and need the answer , will post as soon as I get reply 

We hope to be able to provide a streaming service for matches next season. Unfortunately, we are currently not in a position to confirm.Still awaiting any official announcement from the league 

Article 48 is expected to return for next season.  

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/4129823/exclusive-neil-doncaster-expects-scottish-club-streaming-to-end-next-season/

If we’re going with the two players for every position which I’d imagine is what the club is looking for we’re probably looking something like this 

GK- McAdams, Albinson

RB- Houston, McAllister- personally don’t think either are good enough to be a starter so will probably need someone else in. McAllister can player centre mid and possibly centre back (?)

CB- McGinty, New

CB- New, New

LB- Reading*, Ecrepont

CM- Murdoch, Dempsey 

CM- McInroy* Smith, Hewitt

Wingers O’Connor, Ashford, New

Strikers- Adeloye*, Moffat*, Bryden, New

*Indicates they have been offered a deal but haven’t yet re-signed. 

If we’re going with the two players for every position which I’d imagine is what the club is looking for we’re probably looking something like this 
GK- McAdams, Albinson
RB- Houston, McAllister- personally don’t think either are good enough to be a starter so will probably need someone else in. McAllister can player centre mid and possibly centre back (?)
CB- McGinty, New
CB- New, New
LB- Reading*, Ecrepont
CM- Murdoch, Dempsey 
CM- McInroy* Smith, Hewitt
Wingers O’Connor, Ashford, New
Strikers- Adeloye*, Moffat*, Bryden, New
*Indicates they have been offered a deal but haven’t yet re-signed. 

Yeah I think we're desperately short on FBs. I agree with you that Houston and McAllister aren't good enough and I personally thought Reading's form dived towards the end of the season

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am not sure saying that we have benchmarked the price of season tickets and that is why the price has went up is the right thing to say. Maybe saying increased costs have hit the club and they have to adjust the price accordingly or something like that.

You'd have preferred a lie to the truth?