The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We certainly have upgraded the midfield from the bare bones we had in December, Murdoch arguably back to his best, Dempsey with his box to box energy if he could add goals we might have a star in the making, Hewitt getting back to fitness, the late season emergence of young Smith and Hopefully that wee bit class and long-distance shot power that McInroy brings, from being the part of the team that was most unbalanced and required work I'd say it could be our strongest area now.

23 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Neither Cove or Queens Park have bought or signed players that would command silly money, they haven’t signed players that should be playing above the middle of the Championship.

Be interesting to see if that changes now or if they will content with the slow build and signing the kind of players they have been. 

Here is what I said

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Especially if the rumoured signing of Greg Stewart is also true. I'm sure that'll also be down to him happening to own a flat in the Southside of Glasgow or something like that, rather than the wheelbarrows of money arriving at his bank on a weekly basis.

The 32 year old currently playing in India that has scored a record breaking 15 league goals in Scotland over 5 years ?

You do know that players can regress with age and aren't often the same player they were at 25? He could easily sign for any Championship team.

A Premier team and be in any was a success? not so sure. 

The 32 year old currently playing in India that has scored a record breaking 15 league goals in Scotland over 5 years ?
You do know that players can regress with age and aren't often the same player they were at 25? He could easily sign for any Championship team.
A Premier team and be in any was a success? not so sure. 

Greg Stewart is a Premiership standard player and would not just sign for any Championship team. There will be about two teams next season that could sign him and it would be Dundee and QP.

Not sure why you’re focusing on goals either when people know that his game is about far more than that.

Greg Stewart is possibly the most talented player to play for Killie in the last decade, he was absolutely unplayable in the short spell he was with us and I would take him back in a heartbeat despite him snaking us for Aberdeen.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Greg Stewart is a Premiership standard player and would not just sign for any Championship team. There will be about two teams next season that could sign him and it would be Dundee and QP.

Not sure why you’re focusing on goals either when people know that his game is about far more than that.

This is getting exhausting and I don't really care. People chose to misunderstand what I said.

Queens park have not went out and signed a raft of players that are out of place in their respective leagues up until this point. They finished 4th, 20 points behind the second place team. The players they are being linked with are not players who would look out of place in their respective league. If Greg Stewart signed for Partick I wouldn't think, f**k me, Partick are splashing the cash.  

Greg Stewart is not the same player he was 5 years ago. Like Dorrans when he signed for Dundee, his best days were behind him. He may have a dozen good games in the championship but he would have less in the Premier. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Greg Stewart is possibly the most talented player to play for Killie in the last decade, he was absolutely unplayable in the short spell he was with us and I would take him back in a heartbeat despite him snaking us for Aberdeen.

Michael Moffat is one of the best players I have seen in my time following Ayr. If he signed for Queens Park or Darvel I wouldn't expect him to be the same player he was in 2018. 

This is getting exhausting and I don't really care. People chose to misunderstand what I said.
Queens park have not went out and signed a raft of players that are out of place in their respective leagues up until this point. They finished 4th, 20 points behind the second place team. The players they are being linked with are not players who would look out of place in their respective league. If Greg Stewart signed for Partick I wouldn't think, f**k me, Partick are splashing the cash.  
Greg Stewart is not the same player he was 5 years ago. Like Dorrans when he signed for Dundee, his best days were behind him. He may have a dozen good games in the championship but he would have less in the Premier. 

Why are you talking about him 5 years ago. Even just three seasons ago he was one of the best players in the Premiership at Killie.

It’s a fact that you’d have to fork out a fair wedge to get him to play in this league. Just the same way that QP managed to get lower Championship/upper league 1 players to sign for them in League 2. I don’t see what’s wrong with acknowledging that they have a lot of money to throw around and will likely go and sign 3-4 players that would be excellent signings for any other side in this league.

Having a lot of money and signing the correct players are two different things the difference is QP have a manager with a track record of success at a higher level than we are currently at, in all honesty though I think both Cove and QP will be looking to consolidation next season and will be relatively happy with 8th to 5th place.

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Michael Moffat is one of the best players I have seen in my time following Ayr. If he signed for Queens Park or Darvel I wouldn't expect him to be the same player he was in 2018. 

That's great, but Michael Moffat is 37 and Greg Stewart isn't.

Where is this 'he's not the same player' nonsense coming from? Greg Stewart is a mercenary who will go to the highest bidder (as is his right!) but there's been nothing to suggest that he's dropped in standard just because he's 32. He should be around his peak tbh.

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Having a lot of money and signing the correct players are two different things the difference is QP have a manager with a track record of success at a higher level than we are currently at, in all honesty though I think both Cove and QP will be looking to consolidation next season and will be relatively happy with 8th to 5th place.

Has Owen Coyle got a track record of success? Has it not been downhill since Burnley? He's been sliding down the leagues, with each gig being smaller than the last. I have no idea of the standard of the Indian Leagues tbf so could be talking out my posterior.

Has Owen Coyle got a track record of success? Has it not been downhill since Burnley? He's been sliding down the leagues, with each gig being smaller than the last. I have no idea of the standard of the Indian Leagues tbf so could be talking out my posterior.
There is truth in that but he's had more success than most of the jobers touted about scottish football I think most clubs in this division would be happy to have him in charge.

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Underperforming doesn’t mean they aren’t paying a lot of money for the level they’ve been at.

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

They signed a load of full time footballers to play in League Two.

Well......They went full time. It would be daft for them to then sign part time ones. 

signed a lot of their players on full time contracts along with maybe 4 players from leagues above, one of which was Grant Gillespie from us, a player who looked like he'd won a competition for the chance to play 5 substitute appearances. 

4 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

Season tickets now available. Can anyone confirm if ticket includes streaming of home games if you are unable to attend.

I think that's one for the football authorities rather than the club. I think there was an exemption because of covid allowing matches to be streamed live domestically. I'm not sure of the status of that for 22/23.