The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

McCall loves signing his ex players

Hasn't really got him anywhere, has it?

He's meant to be improving his team, not taking players who weren't even the best in their position at their club.

McCall has continually signed pretty much the same team the whole time he's been back in football.

Wonder if Muirhead had signed back in January given their post mentions a pre contract.

Surely we wouldn’t have offered him a contract in that case and just announced him along with Fjortoft and Gondoh.

Think there’s definitely been conversations given they tried to sign him in January but I don’t think anything would’ve been signed.

Baird is a decent central defender but his first season gave away a goal a game. Always switched off and left his man in the box.

He was also a silent captain during the lockdown games when the team needed a lift and we looked uninterested and had zero fight. 

Since he was dropped he never put a foot wrong in the games he was asked to play in and maybe that was Bullens reason to offer him a new deal. 

Dempsey is the player I was most keen to keep. Our season changed when he signed and a gap that was created when Docherty left was finally filled. If he needs an operation or treatment then the club should send him for it now because he will be a big player for us. 

I am guessing today was the deadline for agreeing new deals. Maybe they are mixing good news with bad. 

Glad one of these has gone through. Hopefully see another…

Reading or McInroy imo. Don’t think there’s anyone else out of contract besides Adeloye but I don’t think the club would even offer him that.

Great bit of business done with Dempsey. If we can land McInroy that's a good midfield three with Murdoch. Smith looked like great against Thistle so hopefully he can maintain that and get more game time next season and be looking to break in there.

I was surprised Baird was offered a new deal at all, given how little game time he had but as many have said it was probably a deal with vastly reduced terms and probably reflecting the fact he'd be bin juice.

Sad to see Muirhead go in a way, was a good player for us and one of the few that looked like he cared last season. That said, he's not irreplaceable and it means we are getting the surgery on our defense we desperately needed.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

After this deal I'd say it's likely if Kerr or Tomi re-sign it'll be on at least a two year deal

A bit will depend on the players and how sought after they are and how long they wish to be tied down for.

Wonder if Brexit plays in to some of the deals we are giving out. There are still vast amounts of money in the English domestic game but they can’t spend it on low ranking foreign jobbers any more. 
Taking in a player like Dempsey, offering a 3 year deal and hopefully making him a player with a greater reputation means we can hopefully turn him for some cash in 18 months time, if not we have a decent player for 3 years. 

Really happy with that Dempsey signing. We now have him and Murdoch long term which is huge. What a start to Monday. Here's hoping it's a sign of good things to come. 

Not fussed at all about Baird being gone. Good luck to him but I'm hopeful we can find much better.

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if Muirhead had signed back in January given their post mentions a pre contract.

Either that or they’re just being proper because his Ayr contract hasn’t actually ran out yet.

I am less concerned with Adeloye re-signing than I was about Dempsey and Murdoch. Getting really good central midfielders is a lot harder to get than a decent forward.

Although if we were to go in to the season with Ashford, Bryden and McKenzie as the forwards we better be keeping clean sheets