The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

All of our out of contract players will have been speaking to ourselves and other clubs for about the last six months. That thing with Adeloye and the French club was a fans page just looking at affordable strikers that stood out statistically. I’m sure if a club came along from that level then he would be off but I doubt he’s an actual target for them.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

All of our out of contract players will have been speaking to ourselves and other clubs for about the last six months. That thing with Adeloye and the French club was a fans page just looking at affordable strikers that stood out statistically. I’m sure if a club came along from that level then he would be off but I doubt he’s an actual target for them.

I think it’s time we gave some ultimatums to the remaining unsigned . We can’t give up our time advantage over our rivals still involved in play offs etc . 

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

A warning in advance, if Adeloye leaves I may well have a heads gone on this thread. 🤯

I will be disappointed but won’t have a heads-gone moment, we have seen better players leave before. Just need to hope we can replace him if he does go. Even if he stays we need a partner for him 

Big week coming up,

Surely we hear the decisions from some of the players, such as Reading, Baird and Dempsey. Hopefully Baird declines

Adeloye & McInroy are different gravy, they'll be playing the long game to get the best deal, Only St Johnstone & ICT to find out which league they'll be in.

I hope I'm wrong with this but McInroy will have been on some serious money at Celtic, he'll not want to drop too easily and I could see him heading down south.

Adeloye has played himself into a position where he'll have plenty interest and I have no idea if sentiment for a team giving him a chance up here will play any significance against making an extra fiver a week elsewhere.

Going to be an interesting off season

Sad to see Aero go he was a decent servant and played for Jersey.... And he guaranteed you goal from a penalty... 

Hope he ends up at Queens as that would make more sense for him, being that's where he is from/ possible supporter of.... 

I could forgive him for that..... But less so Partick Thistle who try and pinch all our players season after season.... 

Muirhead's popularity largely happened because he was the single player who visibly hadn't downed tools when the chips were down. Which is fair enough, but it was a function of the pathetic state of the team at the time. May he go on to be happily modestly good at Partick again.

The backline needed fucking cleared, so the only danger here is that Bullen has watched them abjectly fail to be good at football for five months and failed to identify replacements. As for penalties, the notion that any professional player cannot come into them is astonishing.

Edited by Thumper

Interesting decision from Muirhead given the club appears to have turned a corner. Assume possibly he’s been told he won’t be first choice/regular starter or has simply been offered more elsewhere, expecting Partick.

My worry here is that we're building both Adeloye and McInroy up to be far better than what they actually are.

Both have done well for us but that's all relative. Mcinroy's level so far has been league 1 and bottom end championship plus youth level, then we have Adeloye who has only had limited success at various non league levels outwith ourselves.

Who knows ? Maybe it's more a sign of how far our own standards have fallen in the last 2 years ?

Would I still want them both to sign ? Yes, of course I would, however I also don't believe that either are irreplaceable, especially now we have Mathie, Glendinning and a higher budget in place....