The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, North British said:

Queens Park will be spending big this summer , they aim to put a real challenge in next season . With them and Cove up our division just becomes a much more difficult place to be . 

Seemingly they were pretty meh for much of this season although came good at the end. No doubt they will spend extra cash but it will need to be a ridiculous amount to challenge up top. Will be far from relegation fodder though and might cause us a few problems 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Seemingly they were pretty meh for much of this season although came good at the end. No doubt they will spend extra cash but it will need to be a ridiculous amount to challenge up top. Will be far from relegation fodder though and might cause us a few problems 

Nah unless there is a massive overhaul they will be cannon fodder

Not in the least bit bothered about Muirhead leaving, Yes he could take a penalty and gave 100% on the pitch, however he was limited and could prove a liability at times as we all know only too well.

I'd wish him well but won't be losing any sleep over him going.

Not too annoyed at Muirhead disappearing, though did think he'd stay as I'm certain he started his career here at Somerset. Rather Ayr got rid of all the centre backs from last season. 

Surely now Bullen has a Michael Rose type younger player in mind 🤔...

That, or we are completely F*cked next season with the same crap defence we relied on last season, which never looked good at any point. 

At least we won't have another shite game with Muirhead in midfield 👍

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not in the least bit bothered about Muirhead leaving, Yes he could take a penalty and gave 100% on the pitch, however he was limited and could prove a liability at times as we all know only too well.

I'd wish him well but won't be losing any sleep over him going.

I think his versatility was his strength but I agree that generally I think we should be aiming for better. But it would be interesting to know whether we offered him a deal that reflected the fact that he would like not be a regular starter, or whether he was actually someone that Bullen was expecting to keep and to start. That would give us a clearer view of our ambitions for next season.

Can't say Muirhead leaving has bothered me too much. On his day, he was fine as a bottom 3/4 of the championship type player, but he was prone to losing his head and would regularly be quite happy to put his teammates under huge pressure just to make it look like he was doing something. The king of hospital passes imo.

Most of the criticism I threw at him stemmed from the fact he was playing in CM a lot of the time, where he was truly shite. I guess that's not really his fault but I did feel that he sometimes got away with a lot cause he would occasionally put in a strong tackle or wind someone up. Often, other players got a lot of criticism that should have instead been aimed at him.

Rumour is he is away to Queens so all the best to him there.

10 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I think his versatility was his strength but I agree that generally I think we should be aiming for better. But it would be interesting to know whether we offered him a deal that reflected the fact that he would like not be a regular starter, or whether he was actually someone that Bullen was expecting to keep and to start. That would give us a clearer view of our ambitions for next season.

I would have thought it would have been reduced terms as a squad player 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I’d say that’s a generous assessment of their spending tbh. They’ve both definitely been splashing money about considering they were playing in League 1 level. Guys like Simon Murray, Mark Reynolds and Fraser Fyvie aren’t playing at League 1 level for the love of the club.

Fyvie has a bad injury, Reynolds is 35 and Simon Murray has had a good 6 months in a 5 year career, My point was that not one of them was better than the lower end of the Championship so none of them will be on over 4 figures a week. 

Muirhead is a good Championship centre half and signing one you know is reliable is always a challenge. McCall always had one and Bell or Adams filling in. We signed him and he was the third best centre half at the club, He became the best because of the players round about him got worse. Him and Baird were rotten together, as were him and Roscoe. Nbada couldn't help them either. 

He's 31 and unlikely to get better but he is undoubtedly a safe pair of hands the majority of the time. He's not going to be the difference between Thistle finishing 4th and 1st though. 

Disappointed to lose him but I'll get over it quite quickly. 

Good luck to Muirhead if he is going to Thistle on more money than Ayr. Doubt he's a regular starter for either but at this stage of his career it's natural he'd take the best offer out there.

I'm hopeful we'll bring in someone with a bit more football in them as a replacement.

14 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Good luck to Muirhead if he is going to Thistle on more money than Ayr. Doubt he's a regular starter for either but at this stage of his career it's natural he'd take the best offer out there.

I'm hopeful we'll bring in someone with a bit more football in them as a replacement.

Good luck to the big guy , over 100 games with us , deserves a bit better than he’s getting on this forum .

Getting in a replacement that’s better and has a bit more football on our budget is a fair challenge . Another flip the coin loan or another from down south . Over to you Mr Glendinning......

Good luck to the big guy , over 100 games with us , deserves a bit better than he’s getting on this forum .
Getting in a replacement that’s better and has a bit more football on our budget is a fair challenge . Another flip the coin loan or another from down south . Over to you Mr Glendinning......
Hopefully Glendinning has a Franck Rolling up his sleave.

5 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Anyone heard anything on the new home strip being released? I'm pretty sure the club announced two weeks ago that the following week they would release pre-order details but I haven't seen anything eccd7193ffdf87f344715cd486f85c2a.jpg

Been a delay on the sponsors logo , believe pre orders will be end of week  or the following week 

Edited by Finlay21

58 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Muirhead is a good Championship centre half and signing one you know is reliable is always a challenge. McCall always had one and Bell or Adams filling in. We signed him and he was the third best centre half at the club, He became the best because of the players round about him got worse. Him and Baird were rotten together, as were him and Roscoe. Nbada couldn't help them either. 

He's 31 and unlikely to get better but he is undoubtedly a safe pair of hands the majority of the time. He's not going to be the difference between Thistle finishing 4th and 1st though. 

Disappointed to lose him but I'll get over it quite quickly. 

He is definitely a safe pair of hands which is something we currently lack in defence.  Won't be too fussed if we manage to sign a few good replacements though. Your first point is spot on and would have liked to see others arrive before we moved him on

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

He is definitely a safe pair of hands which is something we currently lack in defence.  Won't be too fussed if we manage to sign a few good replacements though. Your first point is spot on and would have liked to see others arrive before we moved him on

We didn’t “move him on” he was out of contract and has decided to leave. 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hopefully we get some news about Adeloye and McInroy next week would certainly help with ST sales and now the English lower leagues have mostly ended movement on new recruits

Slightly concerned about Adeloye liking a post on Twitter with a poll asking which player they’d like to sign, think it was a lower league French outfit or supporters thereof.

Suggests he’s very much keeping his options open.

3 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Slightly concerned about Adeloye liking a post on Twitter with a poll asking which player they’d like to sign, think it was a lower league French outfit or supporters thereof.

Suggests he’s very much keeping his options open.

After the Aero episode it seems prudent to assume all our unsigned players are having  conversations with other clubs . None more so than Tomi . I think the French club may have been Nancy .