The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m assuming ICT stay down.

Dundee will start as clear favourites 

I suspect Inverness & Partick will be in the top 3. So from 4th down is open to debate.

I expect Cove and QP to finish bottom 2 but as stated they are the great unknown 

I'd expect Hamilton to be a much improved side 

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'd expect Hamilton to be a much improved side 

Rumour is there is turmoil there at moment and manager looking like walking away or being sacked before season starts , people saying it’s something to do with playing budget 

Edited by Finlay21

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t think either team are going to pose any immediate threat but given time they could overtake us if we don’t get it right.

I don't know about Queen's Park, but the Cove chairman gave an interview on BBC Radio Scotland after they secured promotion saying that the playing side of the club had improved more rapidly than they expected and that they would be remaining hybrid next season while they complete infrastructure projects. So I don't think they will be spending to create a promotion winning team yet. But it sounds like they have a multi-year plan and it may be that when we are also in a position to make that promotion push they will be formidable rivals.

It's becoming obvious at least that re-signing McInroy and Adeloye is going to be important but so too is signing much better players than those who've moved on. I hope that is the case and I agree we could be signing some unknowns from the lower English leagues - as long as they stack up alongside Adeloye, Ashford and Dempsey then that'll be okay but we don't need another Kenyon or even Gondoh or (an injured) Rowe. It's been said before but if we could get another Drinan or Ndaba then we could be at the right end of this league for once. Over to you, Messrs Bullen and Glendinning - would love to see Bradley and Maxwell back here but maybe that's asking a lot?

Edited by Jazzar

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

don't know about Queen's Park, but the Cove chairman gave an interview on BBC Radio Scotland after they secured promotion saying that the playing side of the club had improved more rapidly than they expected and that they would be remaining hybrid next season while they complete infrastructure projects. So I don't think they will be spending to create a promotion winning team yet. But it sounds like they have a multi-year plan and it may be that when we are also in a position to make that promotion push they will be formidable rivals.

Anyone thinking Queens Park are in the Championship just to make up the numbers needs to google their owner Willie Haughey , the guy is caked and hasn’t brought Owen and Sandy in to tread water . I’d think we need to max out our points against them in the early part of the season while they are finding their feet , same goes for Cove . The Championship is fast running out of dead wood , and is a graveyard of ego’s who can’t back it up on the pitch anymore , ask Falkirk and Dunfermline all about that . Hopefully Smith and Bully have done their homework as we are one of the clubs these debutants will be targeting .

49 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Rumour is there is turmoil there at moment and manager looking like walking away or being sacked before season starts , people saying it’s something to do with playing budget 

When you think of the gates they get there's no way they make much of a profit if any so wouldn't be surprised if their finances are fucked

31 minutes ago, North British said:

Anyone thinking Queens Park are in the Championship just to make up the numbers needs to google their owner Willie Haughey , the guy is caked and hasn’t brought Owen and Sandy in to tread water . I’d think we need to max out our points against them in the early part of the season while they are finding their feet , same goes for Cove . The Championship is fast running out of dead wood , and is a graveyard of ego’s who can’t back it up on the pitch anymore , ask Falkirk and Dunfermline all about that . Hopefully Smith and Bully have done their homework as we are one of the clubs these debutants will be targeting .

100%

They've also brought in the guy from AZ and they aren't doing all that just to be content being a League 1 / Championship yo-yo club.

As you say, Haughey has serious cash and from what I hear about him he doesn't like losing, so I'd fully expect QP to be a major player and with their geographical location also a major threat to the likes of ourselves when trying to lure loan players from the OF and any other promising WOS based free agents.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Neither Cove or Queens Park have bought or signed players that would command silly money, they haven’t signed players that should be playing above the middle of the Championship.

Be interesting to see if that changes now or if they will content with the slow build and signing the kind of players they have been. 

I’d say that’s a generous assessment of their spending tbh. They’ve both definitely been splashing money about considering they were playing in League 1 level. Guys like Simon Murray, Mark Reynolds and Fraser Fyvie aren’t playing at League 1 level for the love of the club.