The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Claudio Valletta, the Italian centre half Stainrod signed from “the third team in Rome” so basically the Italian Partick Thistle, Fucked off as well, didn’t turn up to training and when they phoned the hotel to get him, he’d cleared his room and not paid the bill. 

Remember when Yogi Hughes was Falkirk manager, they signed a French defender during the week, Stainrod was his agent. 
They interviewed Hughes pre-match on Radio Scotland and asked why the new player wasn’t in the lineup.

He said he hadn’t turned up for the pre-match meal and wasn’t in his digs, he put out an appeal for anyone sighting a “6’5” black laddie in a Falkirk tracksuit, speaking with a French accent” to contact the club urgently. 

Jean-Francois Lescinel.

He did eventually turn up and play a few, unremarkable, games.

He shows up hilariously in our thread whenever we are discussing new signings or frankly any new employee.

On 10/05/2022 at 13:11, callum-ayr said:

Goalkeepers: McAdams, Albinson

Defenders: Houston, McGinty, Ecrepont*, Bilham*, Jeannes*

Midfeilders: McAllister, Smith, Hewitt ,Murdoch .

Forwards: McKenzie, Ashford, Bryden

Waiting to hear from:

Reading, Dempsey, Moffat**, Baird, O'Connor, Muirhead, Adelyoe, McInroy

*Reserve/youth players

**Coaching role/reserve player

21 hours ago, Trogdor said:

David Bingham?

Or can we recall Tam McManus?

David Bingham gave me one of my favourite football moments ever. It was the day Marvin Andrews smashed Marvin Wilson and broke his jaw. Just after this Ayr had a corner at the Somerset road end and someone shouted “Marvin Andrews you’re a fucking animal” quickly followed by someone else shouting “David Bingham, you’re a cross between two animals”. Even Bingham laughed.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Claudio Valletta, the Italian centre half Stainrod signed from “the third team in Rome” so basically the Italian Partick Thistle, Fucked off as well, didn’t turn up to training and when they phoned the hotel to get him, he’d cleared his room and not paid the bill. 

Gives me vibes of Scott McKenna a few years ago when we were supposedly giving him hotel accommodation in Glasgow before/after every home match. Got sent off against Hibs and was never seen since.   

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Once Kerr McInroy and Tomi Adeloye have been announced. 

Correct. I'll renew in a heartbeat then.

I'm not feeling the overwhelming positivity just yet - Tomi will get me there though.

I’m glad that’s just a one year deal for O’Connor. No doubt he really came good in the last few games but there will still be questions over whether he can do that over a season. Another year and then probably an option to renew if he plays enough games. I’m not unhappy at that.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

One year deal no risk with O'connor I'm quite happy with that, just the big names we wait on now, if we can get Tomi, McInroy, Dempsey Redding and or Maxwell I'm not to fussed about Muirhead or Baird.

Problem is who do we replace them with? 

O'Conner showed in the Dunfermline game he is good enough for this league. Needs 2 things, games and a replacement. If he is having a shite game and not beating his full back, someone needs to come in to replace him in the second half. Much like we didn't do with Maxwell.