The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didn't expect Adeloye to give an answer straight away (a dozen clubs will be looking at him) but it's going to give me the fear until he does. Could very well see your Falkirks and Dunfermlines try to bribe him with a doubled wage.

McInroy was born in 2000. I'm still trying to process this information.

Old age doesn't come on it's own 🤣

19 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If McInroy, Murdoch and Dempsey re-sign I can’t see us adding a centre mid as they will be our starters with Smith and Hewitt in reserve. 

Edited 18 hours ago by ayrunitedfw

Good point but none of them are holding midfielders . I think a quality player in the Liam Craig mode would be perfect to sit behind McInroy and Murdoch/Dempsey in a 532/352 . I have a feeling that this formation is Bully’s favoured one , admittedly based on nothing more than getting another 6ft 2in centre half into the defence. Another leader to play behind  McGinty and Aero/??????? . 

So if we get all our main players signed up , we’d be looking at bringing in a sweeper , maybe an Aero replacement , a holding midfielder , a partner for Tomi (either a 9 or 10) and a right wing back (Blain Rowe anyone) .... 

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

By the looks of Adeloyes insta he looks like he's off abroad on holiday so I would not expect anything in the next few days on that front.

He has never posted Part 2 of the post he put on Twitter. Hopefully he's keeping us in suspense and we'll get some positive news in Part 2.

41 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's nothing. We have a player in our first team who was not even born when Ayr were playing in the League Cup Final.

I stand by my belief that nobody could possibly have been born after 9/11, so obviously this isn't true.

43 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The kind of morale-destroying incident that makes the team's performance in the subsequent and more important matches that bit more difficult. No wonder he's been let go by Whistle.

36 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

The kind of morale-destroying incident that makes the team's performance in the subsequent and more important matches that bit more difficult. No wonder he's been let go by Whistle.

He had sectarian abuse and abuse about his wife hurled at him. Fair play to him for reacting the way he did. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Fair play to him for reacting the way he did. 

In no way do I condone anyone hurling sectarian abuse at anyone but his reaction is not likely to get much sympathy - and certainly not from me.

I think this may be a slow window to be honest. I think a lot of the players we sign will have to be convinced to move north rather than offering a few quid to free agents from other clubs in the championship. 

some will obviously look to stay in England so it may be late in the window we get guys in