The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Would like to think our highly thought of recruitment process would move away from the age old policy of signing the most obvious jobbers from the same league.

Curious to see where our player hunt takes us . Given that Fjortoft and Kenyan left it could be thought that a centre half and holding midfielder will be high on the list . That’s of course assuming that Kerr , Tomi and Ben don’t need replacements sourced . Bullen seems to favour younger players (so far) that can have some value built on , however this team does need some experience and on field leadership .

Winners and leaders. I wouldn't mind stealing some captains. We used to have a team full of captains - Bell, Higgins, Muirhead, Geggan, Kerr etc. There's a lot to be said for that.

I feel the squad is young enough and if its only 4 additions - 3 experienced and 1 young player for me.

Winners and leaders. I wouldn't mind stealing some captains. We used to have a team full of captains - Bell, Higgins, Muirhead, Geggan, Kerr etc. There's a lot to be said for that.
I feel the squad is young enough and if its only 4 additions - 3 experienced and 1 young player for me.
That was McCalls mantra a team full of captains

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Kind of brings us back to Liam Craig . But he’ll have plenty of offers .....

55 minutes ago, North British said:

If McInroy, Murdoch and Dempsey re-sign I can’t see us adding a centre mid as they will be our starters with Smith and Hewitt in reserve. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Looking at players down south particularly league 2 who might fit that veteran looking to be a number 2 as well as play on for a season or two, Scott Cuthbert is out of contract at Stevenage, to me that's an example of the kind of experienced leader we need to try and bring in finances allowing.

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If McInroy, Murdoch and Dempsey resign I can’t see us adding a centre mid as they will be our starters with Smith and Hewitt in reserve. 

argh

If McInroy, Murdoch and Dempsey re-sign I can’t see us adding a centre mid as they will be our starters with Smith and Hewitt in reserve. 

This

I’m all for it tbh. Hewitt and Smith are good enough imo so why hinder their development by bringing in someone else who may or may not be good enough.

53 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, North British said:

Falkirk fans seem to think he's going there

Think that changed when McGlynn and Smith were appointed 

39 minutes ago, Thumper said:

argh

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Edited. That’s actually a pet hate of mine so I apologise.

Glad you guys caught this before my pedantry went mad.

Is mcinroy out of contract at Celtic? I did wonder whether we might try resign if we come up

55 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Looking at players down south particularly league 2 who might fit that veteran looking to be a number 2 as well as play on for a season or two, Scott Cuthbert is out of contract at Stevenage, to me that's an example of the kind of experienced leader we need to try and bring in finances allowing.

Not the worst idea  as the guy can play both left and right centre half as well as right back .

I didn't expect Adeloye to give an answer straight away (a dozen clubs will be looking at him) but it's going to give me the fear until he does. Could very well see your Falkirks and Dunfermlines try to bribe him with a doubled wage.

McInroy was born in 2000. I'm still trying to process this information.

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didn't expect Adeloye to give an answer straight away (a dozen clubs will be looking at him) but it's going to give me the fear until he does. Could very well see your Falkirks and Dunfermlines try to bribe him with a doubled wage.

McInroy was born in 2000. I'm still trying to process this information.

That's nothing. We have a player in our first team who was not even born when Ayr were playing in the League Cup Final.