The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Interesting to see Cowdenbeath on the verge of dropping out of the league. Doesn't seem so long ago they were demolishing Ayr in the playoffs and playing in the league above.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Interesting to see Cowdenbeath on the verge of dropping out of the league. Doesn't seem so long ago they were demolishing Ayr in the playoffs and playing in the league above.

Going the same way as Brechin. Not so long ago they were an established championship team(div 1) 

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Biggest embarrassment at Somerset I witnessed was a 4-0 demolition at the hands of Cowdenbeath 

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

I left after the first goal that day

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do you think we will start hearing who have signed in again for next season this week? 

Doubt it. Wouldn’t imagine there will be much news until the playoffs have been concluded. 

Pars fans seemed to rate Coll Donaldson in his time with them. With their relegation I wonder if he could do a job ahead of our current lot of CB's, if County were interested in loaning him again.

Saying that, maybe we should try to move away from Hopkin style instantly looking to sign players from teams who finished below us.

Edited by AuAl

At least the 2020/21 Morton team we signed up actually won the playoffs.

Would like to think our highly thought of recruitment process would move away from the age old policy of signing the most obvious jobbers from the same league.

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Would not mind seeing Corrie Nbada being our marquee summer signing, he got player of the year at Salford city so think he'd be well out of our price range.

It’s a pity Corrie and Aaron Drinan both slipped through our fingers . Both would have been big players for us .

Aye I’m not keen at raiding Dunfermlines squad. I doubt we’ll be looking at many players in this league anyway. Only reason I say Wighton is because I don’t think he played much at all under Grant and is clearly capable of playing at this level. Same for Thomas. The rest are a mixture of jobbers and guys that shouldn’t be playing in this division.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A player I would like us to look at is Popescu at Accies who has been on loan from Hamilton. He would of been a Glendinning signing when he was there. 

Is he on loan from Hearts?