The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While I’d take him back I’m not convinced David Smith would have him back. I remember him liking a tweet from an Ayr fan having a go at Cammy Smith for signing for Thistle.

I think he felt that we should of had first dibs on him when it was decided he was coming back from the states due to us letting him leave mid contract. 

The impression I got was that it was more than just expecting to have first dibs. I think he was close to signing before doing a u-turn, a bit like Todorov.

Edited by RedEd

Although Dumfy would bring the bigger support to Somerset next season, I would only want them to stay up in preference to Airdrie. Purely down to me having nightmares with many, many Dunfermline humpings. And Airdrie being, well, Airdrie.
Just delighted we are not playing in these playoffs.

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

It's honestly a big positive change that even clubs who suddenly come into money and start powering up the league system these days are content to build grounds with enough seats to hold their actual fanbase, instead of being compelled to hoist up 10k breezeblock monstrosities.

As for playoff preferences: Montrose, QP, no further marks on ballot.

Edited by Thumper

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:
2 hours ago, Trogdor said:
It probably goes in the following order for me, in terms of who I'd like to see in the Championship.
Montrose (I've never been to Links Park)
Dunfermline
Queens Park
Airdrie

I want QP to visit the new Lesser Hampden. After months of no work on it they have fair cracked on with it recently.

That would be a good day out actually. Suprised to hear it's quite well on as I was last up there in maybe Sept and I thought no way in hell it would be ready for 22/23 

It's honestly a big positive change that even clubs who suddenly come into money and start powering up the league system these days are content to build grounds with enough seats to hold their actual fanbase, instead of being compelled to hoist up 10k breezeblock monstrosities.
Absolutely agree. There's an endless list of these soulless grounds. Surely the worst ones are Dumbarton and East Fife though? One stand, absolutely zero atmosphere.

In terms of bigger grounds, Airdrie's always springs to mind as a terrible ground. I do like Livingston's bowl shape though.

That would be a good day out actually. Suprised to hear it's quite well on as I was last up there in maybe Sept and I thought no way in hell it would be ready for 22/23 
I think it will be late 22/23, maybe even for the start of 23/24. I heard from a very reliable source that there were problems with heavy metals in the soil that was missed initially which put a pause to the construction. Selfishly, I'm a 10 minute walk from Hampden so it's always a good day out. All the troops round to mine for a bev then walk round.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

Absolutely agree. There's an endless list of these soulless grounds. Surely the worst ones are Dumbarton and East Fife though? One stand, absolutely zero atmosphere.

Cowdenbeath by a country mile.

Been once (play offs that I'd like to forget) and never again.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Has Joe Chalmers got some kind of incriminating photo's of Yogi Hughes can't think of any other reason why any one would spend actually real money on him and then persist to pick him every week when every pars fan says he passenger

Mark Kerr

55 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Cowdenbeath by a country mile.

Been once (play offs that I'd like to forget) and never again.

Central Park's not exactly my favourite ground, but it's not in the same league (lol) as the likes of the Excelsior. (Montrose 2-0 up on aggregate now, yaaaas.)

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

I do like Livingston's bowl shape though.

As a former payer of council tax in West Lothian, the Scottish Milton Keynes can go and f**k itself (town, ground and club).

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
43 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
Mark Kerr

Don't think we paid a fee for him but he was likely one of our highest earners.

Pretty sure we paid an undisclosed fee for him when he was under contract at County.